danesmoor lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi please can anyone help.after running out of oil. Boiler keeps locking out but only on heating rads up.I have cleaned filters bled system checked photo cell.change nozzle. Check 3 way valve.boiler is danesmoor 15/19 very old but normally good

Sponsored Links
Presumably its the red light on the burner control box that lights up, causing a lock out?
At this stage, make sure the oil supply line is completely air free and all taps etc are fully on, as the air doesn't get pulled through first time. Is the tank higher than the burner?
John :)

Thanks yes it will start up run 4 a while then lockout.Its not marking any unusual noise to suggest that oil pump bearing are knacked. Someone had suggested that it was 3 way valve not opening to rads but its working fine.Was told I had to turn oil supply off when bleeding oil pump so I have now tried.

Sponsored Links
The 3 way valve doesn't affect the burner performance - at least not so far as lockout is concerned. Presumably all oil valves are now on (including the fire valve outside if necessary)......can you undo the flexy pipe that goes from the tap above the burner to the pump, and see how the flow is there?

Sorry john I found filter out side its long way from tank because tank is in garage.can't turn oil off I have been trying to free tap at tank to check filter.can l take filter off with out turning oil off or will I loose oil? Thank you for your help so far.:)

There should be a red topped tap just above the burner......although there is some risk that it will have the odd drip afterwards once turned :eek:
If you slacken off the flexy pipe at the pump (don't disconnect it) you should at least see if oil is there. (Plenty of drip trays / kitchen roll at the ready!)
Don't interfere with the filter unless you can isolate the tank! You'll get a flood there.
Can you give us a pic of the tank valve?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back