Dangers of the wrong tools

I didnt know the guy, and couldent read past the first paragraph as it was too gruesome.

Having spent all my life working on site, im amazed that someone could have even thought about cutting a tree stump with an angle grinder, and changing the blade.

I can only agree with what Conny has said with regards to correct use of power tools.

My life & limbs are worth more than getting the job done!

Sponsored Links
He had a horrible fatal accident in his garden , and was only 30 years old. So sad. Anything to do with Woodsmen/agriculture can be so damned dangerous. I`ve heard of several people killed on tractors and with powered tools and they`ve been experienced folk. Even hand tools are dangerous, as was commented on. I didn`t know this had happened to him, remember him on here, he used to call himself 665 the neighbour of the beast, witty comment I thought. RIP.

I remember when 'we' lost Alastair, must be the darkest day in the history of these forums.

Don't know if anyone knows how his family are but I hope they are doing Ok, considering.

Complacency is a a dangerous thing, and this sort of accident usually happens to those who should really know better.

I was in Spain last month, and walked past some workers who were cutting kerbstones with a 9" grinder. No earplugs, dustmask, boots or even eye protection! Apparently they were construction college trainees out getting some work experience. They hadn't even been made aware of the basics, or the guy doing the cutting was supervising them, which is even worse!

Sponsored Links
Ive seen some the same in Abu Dhabi... 700 feet up.

EDIT: Removed rest of post as its non-relevent to the topic.

Ive looked back on notb665 (and after looking a previous post) he was an active member with a great sence of humour. 665 - living next door to the devil!

Im in no doubt he is greatly missed by all that knew him on here.

Its quite amazing that a name behind a screen can have an impact on other peoples lives. No wonder his family felt such a loss. I can only imagine how infectious and important he was to them.

Sorry for rambling.

Paul

What happened to notb665?

i didn't know till 2 days ago and felt embarresed.

I must not have been around online at that time.

What a gutter to hear this.

Don't know what to say, the good die young?...........R.I.P.

Never felt like this about someone i don't know, thought i handle stuff like this. :rolleyes: Sorry for the family.

I never knew notb665 but I am touched and saddened by his passing, it just shows how fragile life is.

My best wishes and deepest sympathy to his family.

What a tragic waste of a life :cry:

30 years old! Dear God, so young and such a nasty way to go and for his partner to see him that way as well must make the whole episode so much more difficult for everyone concerned.

Words fail me... I just hope the family are well cared for.

hand tools are just as bad if misused
I have to disagree with you there, hand tools are largely limited in thier damage to that which can be done with the energy released by a slip. Power tools can keep dealing damage until the user manages to realise what is going on and release the trigger/hit the stop button/etc. Also the higher speed of cutting means kickbacks and projectiles flying are far more likely with a power tool.

Sponsored Links
Back