Dartford crossing

Speeding is, I bel;ieve an allowable reason for accessing the data, under the Data Information laws.
It's an offence, whereas the ULEZ, CG and Dart Charges are not offences. And therefore they are not justifiable reasons for Data Information sharing.
it is under data sharing but there's contention on who actually gets to keep the fine iirc. Some say it's the collecting country, others say it's the country that issued the fine. Basically a lot of admin for a fine that doesn't cover costs and hassle so a lot of the time they don't bother.

I know from experience that the UK and Germany don't always chase the fines. I had my UK car in germany for a couple years before finally buying a left hand drive one for the remaining few years I was there. Over the various years I was commuting back and forth occasionally, i believe I got 1 ticket on my UK car in Germany, and 2 on my German car in the UK. I only received one of the latter ones.

I left Germany 6 years ago right enough so maybe totally different now, but I don't imagine Brexit has helped the lines of communication much.

You didn't compare like for like.

If you had said UK drivers don't pay French tolls! Then that would have been a good comparison..

Talk about splitting hairs. Is the need to be right/to disagree/argue that important to be so pedantic?

Toll, fine, charge, etc all boil down to the same thing. Money people would rather keep if given the choice.

Sponsored Links
it is under data sharing but there's contention on who actually gets to keep the fine iirc. Some say it's the collecting country, others say it's the country that issued the fine. Basically a lot of admin for a fine that doesn't cover costs and hassle so a lot of the time they don't bother.

I know from experience that the UK and Germany don't always chase the fines. I had my UK car in germany for a couple years before finally buying a left hand drive one for the remaining few years I was there. Over the various years I was commuting back and forth occasionally, i believe I got 1 ticket on my UK car in Germany, and 2 on my German car in the UK. I only received one of the latter ones.

I left Germany 6 years ago right enough so maybe totally different now, but I don't imagine Brexit has helped the lines of communication much.

Talk about splitting hairs. Is the need to be right/to disagree/argue that important to be so pedantic?

Toll, fine, charge, etc all boil down to the same thing. Money people would rather keep if given the choice.

It's not really splitting hair is it ?

Speeding kills and is against the law. Not paying a toll isn’t, I don't think.

It's not really splitting hair is it ?

Speeding kills and is against the law. Not paying a toll isn’t, I don't think.

It's the definition of splitting hairs. The discussion is/was about paying a fine/toll, not health and safety or whatever other tenuous link you want to argue about.

It's the definition of splitting hairs. The discussion is/was about paying a fine/toll, not health and safety or whatever other tenuous link you want to argue about.

Health & safety is very important

Sponsored Links
If there’s a chance you are going to use the Dartford tolls, you should get an account and lodge a tenner in it and set it on auto top up. I have a mate who uses it, on average about once every two months. He doesn’t have an account because "I'm not letting them earn interest on my money". No matter how much I try to explain to him how much chuffing 'interest' he'd lose on a poxy tenner a year (60p), he still prefers to go through the rigmarole of logging on and paying £2.50 a crossing instead of being charged £2 automatically and never having the possibility of forgetting to pay and getting a fine. Some people just can’t be helped.

Back