Dartford Tunnel Penalty Charge Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question remains unanswered.

Unsurprisingly, the change from toll-booths to online payment was not publicised in all parts of the UK.
I live in neither, in fact I live a long way away and haven't used the Dartford since they removed the kiosks... So how come I know that you have to pay, how much for my vehicle and when the charge applies? FFS Dimaginn lives on the internet googling trivia to post here.... Perhaps it is our fault

Perhaps Himmaginn was so stressed by the thought of Corgigrouch, Gas Fitters and the Grand Whizzbang ruling the CCS it actually is our fault

Sponsored Links
Question remains unanswered.
And you should perhaps read other people's replies and see their photo's of big 'C's? As I said before, if a person knew that it was a toll for all those years, surely it's common sense to presume it was still a toll, or at least check it? It was a mistake on Himmys part, he ignored the fact it was a toll and he ignored signs with a big 'C'. He did a lot of presuming - ie, that the toll was finished with and the 'C's meant congestion charge. It's just sensible to double check and the proof is in the pudding - he now faces a big fine. Unfair to increase the fine so much I agree, but at the end of the day he is the one who made the journey and he's the one who didn't pay because he presumed incorrectly. How much of his actions should he take responsibility for? We are becoming people who want to blame everything/everyone else for our actions and be spoon fed all the way.

Apart from that website, where do you see a sign that says

dart-charge-logo.jpg

Looks like blighty is unobservant and hasn't noticed the question.

Observe the words "Dart Charge" against the well-lnown "congestion charge" symbol.

Looks like blighty is unobservant and hasn't noticed the question.
No I haven't been unobservant.
You've ignored my comments about common sense so I have ignored your trolling question.

I wonder if it had been someone like me, or Foxtrot who had made this mistake if you'd be so understanding of the idiocy of the decisions made by Himmy? I doubt it, I think you'd crow.

Sponsored Links
So you drive round London and you see the well-known "Congestion Charge" symbol (big red "C") as you get nearer.

You know you aren't going to drive into London.

And if he doesn't pull his finger out and pay it I believe that the fine will go up to over £100... Himaginn, stop blubbing

I just love the way blighty thinks that replying inaccurately to a posts is the same as ignoring it.

So you drive round London and you see the well-known "Congestion Charge" symbol (big red "C") as you get nearer.

You know you aren't going to drive into London.
What does this mean? You see the congestion charge signs as you near the zone. The dartford sign is nowhere near the congestion charge zone. How does that not make you think something else is going on, esp on a tunnel/bridge that has had a toll charge in all it's existence?

I just love the way blighty thinks that replying inaccurately to a posts is the same as ignoring it.
I presume you are asking me where the signs are that mention Dartford as well as the 'C'. As I have yet to drive over it since it's changed I cannot answer your question. However, you have totally ignored my points on common sense. Himmy displayed no common sense, presumed an awful lot and at the end of the day, it's his mistake and his only. Sorry you can't see that and you'd rather troll.

No need to presume when the question itself is right in front of your nose.
You're a bit of a tit JohnD. You edited your post after I read it.
I wonder if it had been someone like me, or Foxtrot who had made this mistake if you'd be so understanding of the idiocy of the decisions made by Himmy? I doubt it, I think you'd crow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it had been anyone other than Himagin if you and Corgi would be crowing so much? I doubt it

You're a bit of a tit JohnD.

You're a bit of a cow, blightmam

Last edited:
I wonder if it had been anyone other than Himagin if you and Corgi would be crowing so much? I doubt it
Absolutely. But I have the balls to admit it.

I do wonder tho if anyone else would write a wining post, acting like a victim, blaming everything else for their own mistake? Hmmmm....

You're a bit of a cow, blightmam
Grins, made me laugh that! :)

None of those signs are present approaching from the A206, or if they are, we were in such dense traffic approaching the A282 they were all obscured by lorries, buses, etc

All but the blue signs were taken from street view on the 206. As can be seen from the signs if you had any idea how UK road signs work.

If you passed all those signs without seeing them then you were too close or too stupid. Simple.

Oh, and I don't live in Essex or Kent either. Nor London for that matter.

Idiots.

All but the blue signs were taken from street view on the 206. ...
Exactly, which leaves these signs:

upload_2016-10-5_22-4-15-png.106353

upload_2016-10-5_22-8-3-png.106355

upload_2016-10-5_22-9-56-png.106357

upload_2016-10-5_22-10-23-png.106358

upload_2016-10-5_22-10-47-png.106360

Now which of those signs give any indication that the C refers to a toll and not to a Congestion Charge?
Which of those signs give any indication of the charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back