Dartford Tunnel Penalty Charge Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am slightly amused at your naivety, or wishful thinking. I don't think I've ever known something like that to become free!
thats quite funny when they were building it they said it would be free once they got the building cost recovered , ye right:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
thats quite funny when they were building it they said it would be free once they got the building cost recovered , ye right:rolleyes:
Exactly! Never expect good things like that to happen, don't believe what those in power tell ya - then there's no disappointment (or toll fines) :)

himmaginn did u not see the signs ? were u using your mobile phone while driving ?

should I find out u were I will not hesitate to tell Shutpa who will report u to the police. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Do you mean those mahooooosive ref circles with a C in the middle?

Or the even moremaaaahhhhooooosive ones with the prices posted several times on the way to the bridge that's been a toll bridge forever and before the last exits? You know for the dole scroungers too poor to pay a couple of quid.

You'd have to be a serious t|t to miss those. :LOL:

himmaginn did u not see the signs ? :LOL:

Do you mean those mahooooosive ref circles with a C in the middle?
Or the even moremaaaahhhhooooosive ones with the prices posted several times on the way to the bridge that's been a toll bridge forever and before the last exits?
You'd have to be a serious t|t to miss those. :LOL:
Did you not see my OP? That maaaahhhhooooosive bit that says:
Anyone else fallen foul of this and what was the outcome?
In my case I was travelling in fast moving traffic on an unfamiliar road, and it was the traffic that was dense.
What's your excuse?

In my case I was travelling in fast moving traffic on an unfamiliar road, and it was the traffic that was dense.
What's your excuse?

If you are travelling at a speed in dense traffic that you cannot see road signs then you have no business being behind the wheel...Take the bus, you are a danger and a menace.
Did you not also complain that it took you a very long time to get to the tunnel? If so how come it took you so long if you were travelling at speed?

phone them up and appeal, my mrs has done it twice now and they let you off with just paying the charge. They are desperate not to have people avoid the facility because they've been stung with a fine.

If you are travelling at a speed in dense traffic that you cannot see road signs then you have no business being behind the wheel...Take the bus, you are a danger and a menace.
Did you not also complain that it took you a very long time to get to the tunnel? If so how come it took you so long if you were travelling at speed?
You're spouting off with no knowledge or awareness of my OP:

it took us about an hour just to join the traffic to go through the tunnel!
Travelling at speed? There is a limit of 50mph in the approach to and through the tunnel. In heavy traffic, that's sufficient.

In response to Dan's comment, I checked the validity of his comment, via street view,
Immediately before entering the tunnel there is a sign:
upload_2016-10-5_11-2-45.png

Obviously one has to know what the big C means! There is no explanation! No mention of charges! Just the time limits of operation. If I compare that to the approach to the M6 Toll, the difference is immense!
If you're too dumb to read the myriad of signs approaching and leaving the bridge ...
From the A206 this is the one and only sign. If you happened to be behind a lorry or whatever, it's easily missed.
upload_2016-10-5_11-4-29.png

But thanks Dan, for the information and idea. I was reasonably sure that I hadn't seen any signs. I have submitted a letter challenging the penalty, along with my ferry reservations showing I was away from 5th September to 1st October proving I wasn't at home to have received the PCN, and these images from StreetView showing the poor signage, I suspect I have a reasonable good chance.

Thanks to Bernard, not only being the only one to offer positive comments, but also being the only one to have fully comprehended my post!
Edit (and motorbiking)

Additionally, to those referring to the bridge, as far as I can see, there are no signs on the approach to the bridge to indicate it is a toll bridge!

Last edited:
You're spouting off with no knowledge or awareness of my OP:

Travelling at speed? There is a limit of 50mph in the approach to and through the tunnel. In heavy traffic, that's sufficient.

In response to Dan's comment, I checked the validity of his comment, via street view,
Immediately before entering the tunnel there is a sign:
View attachment 106308

Obviously one has to know what the big C means! There is no explanation! No mention of charges! Just the time limits of operation. If I compare that to the approach to the M6 Toll, the difference is immense!

From the A206 this is the one and only sign. If you happened to be behind a lorry or whatever, it's easily missed.
View attachment 106309
But thanks Dan, for the information and idea. I was reasonably sure that I hadn't seen any signs. I have submitted a letter challenging the penalty, along with my ferry reservations showing I was away from 5th September to 1st October proving I wasn't at home to have received the PCN, and these images from StreetView showing the poor signage, I suspect I have a reasonable good chance.

Thanks to Bernard, not only being the only one to offer positive comments, but also being the only one to have fully comprehended my post!
Edit (and motorbiking)

Additionally, to those referring to the bridge, as far as I can see, there are no signs on the approach to the bridge to indicate it is a toll bridge!
If you can't see roadsigns at a speed of 50mph (So you were driving at speed) then you are a danger on the road, the markings are clear enough, stop bleating. I have not used the Dartford crossing since they removed the booths and even I know that there is a charge, how much, hours of operation and how to pay... It is called awareness. You claim that you have family on the other side of the river that you regularly visit, so you should know and should have known a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back