Dartford Tunnel Penalty Charge Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't see roadsigns at a speed of 50mph (So you were driving at speed) then you are a danger on the road, the markings are clear enough, stop bleating. I have not used the Dartford crossing since they removed the booths and even I know that there is a charge, how much, hours of operation and how to pay... It is called awareness. You claim that you have family on the other side of the river that you regularly visit, so you should know and should have known a long time ago.
You're still reading but not comprehending my posts!
Stop spouting off, you, as usual, don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Can anyone see the difference between these two:
upload_2016-10-5_13-11-50.png

upload_2016-10-5_13-13-15.png

Not to mention the frequent signs advertising the charges on the M6 Toll and the lane indicators:
upload_2016-10-5_13-46-16.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You're still reading but not comprehending my posts!
Stop spouting off, you, as usual, don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Can anyone see the difference between these two:
View attachment 106313

View attachment 106314

Not to mention the frequent signs advertising the charges on the M6 Toll and the lane indicators:
View attachment 106316
Of course we can see the difference, one is the M6 toll, the other is the Dartford crossing... We can all see that, ut it seems that you are the only one who cannot see the common denominator.....You have to pay to use either of them.. If you look carefully, you will see that your car manufacturer has thoughtfully fitted glass panels to your car so that you can see what is around you as you drive.. Feel free to use them at any time... You may see signs with information that you need on... Perhaps a trip to the optician would help too

Of course we can see the difference, one is the M6 toll, the other is the Dartford crossing...
Sorry, but you're wrong.
upload_2016-10-5_18-37-18.png

Obviously, one is for the M6 Toll road, the other is for the Congestion Charging zone.
The Dartford tunnel is definitely not part of the Congestion Charging zone:
upload_2016-10-5_18-42-24.png

What's more the information sign for the Dartford Tunnel is not rectangular!

I think my "challenge" of the PCN is becoming stronger, thanks to your collective negative comments.

Sorry, but you're wrong.
View attachment 106336
Obviously, one is for the M6 Toll road, the other is for the Congestion Charging zone.
The Dartford tunnel is definitely not part of the Congestion Charging zone:
View attachment 106337

What's more the information sign for the Dartford Tunnel is not rectangular!

I think my "challenge" of the PCN is becoming stronger, thanks to your collective negative comments.
Great, let's hope that you put as much effort into being a dick to them as you do to us...I'm sure that they could do with a good laugh

Sponsored Links
dartcharge.png
Oh! What's this? Perhaps if you peeled the "Badboy, drug dealer tints" off your windows and the gold tissue box off the rear parcel shelf, you'd be able to see out..

I'm surprised that you couldn't find them on line... You like Googling

Oh look - another one:
upload_2016-10-5_22-9-56.png

And another

upload_2016-10-5_22-10-23.png

They even put one on the tarmac here:

upload_2016-10-5_22-10-47.png

Now streetview is a little out of date, btu there is another maaaaahooosive sign on this bridge telling you you have to pay.

upload_2016-10-5_22-12-28.png

As has already been said, if you are too close, or driving too fast to see these signs then you are a bigger a7se hole than we previously imagined; and shouldn't be driving.

They certainly do like to keep the fact that they charge for the Dartford crossing a secret...I sympathise with himaginn for not realising. Perhaps himaginn is demonstrating his genius financial knowledge by cunningly paying £72.50 for a £2.50 crossing... Can you see what he did there?.... No neither can I.

Now streetview is a little out of date, btu there is another maaaaahooosive sign on this bridge telling you you have to pay.
Street View is up to date as of July 2016.
None of those signs are present approaching from the A206, or if they are, we were in such dense traffic approaching the A282 they were all obscured by lorries, buses, etc. We were queuing in that traffic jam for about an hour waiting to join the M25/A282. It was nose to tail, moving about 5 meters each few minutes!
If any of you know how to use the scale on a map, you'll see that the A206 slip onto the A282 is about 750 meters just before entrance to the tunnel.
So all these signs saying 2/4 miles ahead is just nonsense. It does demonstrate that either you don't know your geography as well as you claim, or you clearly haven't read my comments, and you're just trolling.
I think I know which, or more likely both! You keep referring to the bridge. I wasn't on the bridge, I was in the tunnel!
See the difference: BRIDGE v TUNNEL?
Even your pics of signs are for the BRIDGE approach. I was going North, in the tunnel!
Clearly, you don't know the difference between North and South and between BRIDGE and TUNNEL!

The big red and white C is for the Congestion Charge! We were no where near the Congestion Charging zone! Information signs are rectangular!

You can rant and rave and stamp your feet as much as you like, it ain't gonna make any difference. There wasn't a decent information sign on my route!.
Try finding an information sign on the A206 or within 750 meters of the tunnel entrance that has more information than simply a Congestion Charging sign!
There isn't one!

The big red and white C is for the Congestion Charge! We were no where near the Congestion Charging zone! Information signs are rectangular!
No, the Dartford sign is also a big 'C'. I presume the C stands for charge, not just congestion charge.... and you're right, you were nowhere near the congestion charge zone in central London so in fairness, that should've made you think more as to why there were huge 'C's on the signs...

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/dart-charge

Apart from that website, where do you see a sign that says

dart-charge-logo.jpg

Not everybody lives in Kent or Essex.

dart-charge-logo.jpg

No, that's right, not everyone lives here, nor did I until 4 years ago. However, I do plan my journey and know where I am driving when behind the wheel, no matter where I've lived in the UK.

dart-charge-logo.jpg

Question remains unanswered.

Unsurprisingly, the change from toll-booths to online payment was not publicised in all parts of the UK.

Street View is up to date as of July 2016.
None of those signs are present approaching from the A206, or if they are, we were in such dense traffic approaching the A282 they were all obscured by lorries, buses, etc. We were queuing in that traffic jam for about an hour waiting to join the M25/A282. It was nose to tail, moving about 5 meters each few minutes!
If any of you know how to use the scale on a map, you'll see that the A206 slip onto the A282 is about 750 meters just before entrance to the tunnel.
So all these signs saying 2/4 miles ahead is just nonsense. It does demonstrate that either you don't know your geography as well as you claim, or you clearly haven't read my comments, and you're just trolling.
I think I know which, or more likely both! You keep referring to the bridge. I wasn't on the bridge, I was in the tunnel!
See the difference: BRIDGE v TUNNEL?
Even your pics of signs are for the BRIDGE approach. I was going North, in the tunnel!
Clearly, you don't know the difference between North and South and between BRIDGE and TUNNEL!

You can rant and rave and stamp your feet as much as you like, it ain't gonna make any difference. There wasn't a decent information sign on my route!.
Try finding an information sign on the A206 or within 750 meters of the tunnel entrance that has more information than simply a Congestion Charging sign!
There isn't one!
We aren't the ones stamping our feet, blaming our inability on road signs...We aren't the ones with a £70 fine. You claim that your family live South of the river, suggesting that you live North of the river... Did you not think that if you paid for the crossing one way there would be a fairly good bet that you would have to pay the other way (Seven Bridge excepted) Perhaps you should have planned your journey better.. Google is quite good for that..
Pay up, accept that you are an idiot and stop bleating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back