Daughters wedding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just thought i would share with you all that its only a week till our daughter gets married, and i have to say im getting quite excited about it

Sponsored Links
No personal experience, but that has to be one of the most emotional experiences of all time......I hope you all have a fabulous day :D
John :)

Congratulations! Hope in the future you will have more excitements, like grandchildren :D

good luck on the day kirk, hope you all have a great time, you will not believe the thrill of grandchildren around you when it happens

Sponsored Links
I mis-read the title as daughters welding!

Think I need a break from DIY websites! :oops:

You got your speech sussed yet? Did my first daughters give away last year &, in spite of being a very confident speaker, was in total panic. It went perfect on the day but I did appreciated the double brandy my SIL put on the table in front of me ------ next to the microphone & the camera recording it all; ramp up the pressure or what!

My draft speech was around 11 minutes but I pared it down to 5 mins, allowing for a bit of add lib (about right apparently), as I was threatened with being pelted with uneaten bread rolls if I went on & it got boring.

If it’s a civil wedding, watch out for your walk up the isle with your daughter. The songs they pick these day will rip at your heart & have the pair of you in floods of tears before you even get there if you’re not careful, even if you know what’s going to happen! Also watch out for the dad/daughter dance, it could be equally as emotional & you could get ambushed half way through it!

I’ve got number two coming up this August & although I’m forewarned, I’m still just as nervous. The day goes so quickly & there is so much emotion, I felt totally drained for the next couple of days but it’s a totally magic experience & one you will never forget. For me, it was the nearest I’ve ever been to the emotions I felt all those years ago when I got married. Good luck &, above all, enjoy it. ;)

You got your speech sussed yet? Did my first daughters give away last year &, in spite of being a very confident speaker, was in total panic. It went perfect on the day but I did appreciated the double brandy my SIL put on the table in front of me ------ next to the microphone & the camera recording it all; ramp up the pressure or what!

My draft speech was around 11 minutes but I pared it down to 5 mins, allowing for a bit of add lib (about right apparently), as I was threatened with being pelted with uneaten bread rolls if I went on & it got boring.

If it’s a civil wedding, watch out for your walk up the isle with your daughter. The songs they pick these day will rip at your heart & have the pair of you in floods of tears before you even get there if you’re not careful, even if you know what’s going to happen! Also watch out for the dad/daughter dance, it could be equally as emotional & you could get ambushed half way through it!

I’ve got number two coming up this August & although I’m forewarned, I’m still just as nervous. The day goes so quickly & there is so much emotion, I felt totally drained for the next couple of days but it’s a totally magic experience & one you will never forget. For me, it was the nearest I’ve ever been to the emotions I felt all those years ago when I got married. Good luck &, above all, enjoy it. ;)
Emotions does'nt come in to it for me, I'm on autistic spectrum so emotions don't register, not sure if that's a good thing or not. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back