Deal or no deal

Has Boris got your Blessing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
the thing is notch, we can buy the vast majority of the things we buy from the EU from other countries, that don’t insist we give them our fishing waters , and insist on us following any future rule changes.

yes that sounds awfully plausible.

Sadly it is not true.

1. We currently are part of the Single Market.
When we leave we will have:

Rules of origin checks
Sanitary and phytosanitary controls
Transit documents
Customs declarations

From Jan they will apply to EU trade and all RoW trade

Prices will go up as a result

2. UK businesses have always been free to buy from EU or rest of world.....they already buy at the best price.

3. UK global tariffs are pretty much identical to EU tariffs so no price benefit there.

4. EU has rapid integrated supply chains which incorporate cabotage into the haulage routes to save money..... article can travel from anywhere in Europe to UK door to door, no shipping containers, nomports, no customs, no checks, no paperwork.

5. We have significant financial services harmonisation within the Single Market.....that doesn't exist elsewhere

There will be some new opportunities, for sure. But they will be far outweighed by the negatives.

Essential goods will go up in price next year, choice will be less.

No need for the UK to rush to make a deal before we leave. Tariffs go both ways. Make a deal in haste, repent at our leisure. Take your time Boris - you've got us out, that’s the main thing. (y)
Yes but EU customers can get new suppliers inside the Single Market.

No tariffs, no customs declarations, no transit documents.

UK will have those anywhere it tries to buy from

And we buy more than we sell to EU....so we will pay more tariffs.

And then there's stuff like rules of origin.

Sponsored Links
Mottie is obviously not in the Widget manufacture and export business.

yes that sounds awfully plausible.

Sadly it is not true.

1. We currently are part of the Single Market.
When we leave we will have:

Rules of origin checks
Sanitary and phytosanitary controls
Transit documents
Customs declarations

From Jan they will apply to EU trade and all RoW trade

Prices will go up as a result

2. UK businesses have always been free to buy from EU or rest of world.....they already buy at the best price.

3. UK global tariffs are pretty much identical to EU tariffs so no price benefit there.

4. EU has rapid integrated supply chains which incorporate cabotage into the haulage routes to save money..... article can travel from anywhere in Europe to UK door to door, no shipping containers, nomports, no customs, no checks, no paperwork.

5. We have significant financial services harmonisation within the Single Market.....that doesn't exist elsewhere

There will be some new opportunities, for sure. But they will be far outweighed by the negatives.

Essential goods will go up in price next year, choice will be less.

Notch , we joined the EEC a trading block , we rejected a dictatorship the EU . How any normal person can think another layer of government that tries to suppress our rights is a good idea beggars belief.

The 10 super trawlers currently raping the English Channel and killing dolphins with their mile long nets appear to be Dutch.

1 or 2 of these boats in the channel is not unusual, they normally appear for a week or two and then disappear for several months. Some of these boats have been there 4 weeks now with the total reaching 10 on Friday, looks like they want as many fish as they can get their hands on before January.

And we buy more than we sell to EU....so we will pay more tariffs.
Well we'll just have to go without then. I can’t think of anything I couldn’t go without from the EU. What do you have from the EU that you just couldn’t do without?

Well we'll just have to go without then. I can’t think of anything I couldn’t go without from the EU. What do you have from the EU that you just couldn’t do without?

hypocrite

b2e92213-df3b-4db5-9a70-65273c248bda-jpeg.213644

if EU get no fish

UK fisherman get no market for their fish

any brexit scenario leaves UK worse off
It has already been pointed that the UK imports more fish that it exports.
So why not not substitute foreign fish with British fish.

I think I'll set up a sell back business of confiscated / forfeited foreign trawlers. I'm gonna call it Quayside trawlers. Should compliment my car business, Kerbside motors (Tesla main dealer)

Sponsored Links
Back