Death by nitrogen

Sponsored Links
why don't they just shoot him in the head? (there is plenty guns in America and I'm sure some would pay handsomely to do the job)

Apparently the Oxygen levels start off normal and gradually Nitrogen levels are increased. There is no awareness or panic for the person, unlike CO2, where there would be panic and gasping for breath.

Sponsored Links
How can suicide even be a crime as it is/was in many countries?

The gas appeared to start flowing at approximately 7:58 p.m. Smith visibly shook and writhed against the gurney for around two minutes. His arms thrashed against the restraints.

He breathed heavily, slightly gasping, for approximately seven more minutes. At one point, his wife cried out.

At 8:01 p.m., a correctional officer in the execution chamber leaned over Smith and examined his face, before stepping away and walking back to his post. Smith appeared to stop breathing at 8:08 p.m.

Hood continuously blessed Smith, making the sign of the cross throughout the execution.

The curtain closed to the execution at 8: 15 p.m.
So, panic and fear.

35yrs on death row- what a joke. That's pretty much a life sentence and now they want to execute him.
The poor angel...
Paradise doors are open for this poor prisoner who, after all, it's only a victim.
Or maybe the real victim...
WAKE UP MAN!
HE'S A CRIMINAL!
HE KILLED PEOPLE!

Perfect. The more the better as far as I’m concerned.
I disagree. Torture for the sake of bystanders gratification is disgusting.

If you're killing someone to deter others does torture really increase the deterrence?

If you're killing someone because they deserve it then death is the punishment, torture just wastes time on the way there.

I disagree. Torture for the sake of bystanders gratification is disgusting.

If you're killing someone to deter others does torture really increase the deterrence?

If you're killing someone because they deserve it then death is the punishment, torture just wastes time on the way there.
Well, if he was publicly tortured for his 35 years detention, surely someone watching would think twice before killing people.
Or maybe not...

Sponsored Links
Back