Debt

C

calorific

On Thursday evening at about 10pm, for the first time ever in my adult life, we were entirely out of debt. No mortgage (we downsized a few years ago and bought outright), all the bills were paid, no loans and the credit card we use for day to day shopping was even £20 or so in credit. :) Obviously, the next morning something had emerged and today we have used the card to pay deposits for holidays next year. It wwas a short lived joyous pleasure though!

So, the question is, have any of you ever been totally out of debt?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
My poll tax is more of a debt than morgage. :rolleyes:
Aye. Of course, when i say that I had no debt, I conveniently omitted the potential capital gains tax that is "pending" should I sell up my parents' house, and the inheritance tax that's "owed" in the event of my death. Just for half a second, I forgot aobut the future debts that I automatically owe by the simple misfortune of still being alive and intending to die :confused:

Maybe you won't die. Maybe you are the Messiah come to save us!

(God preserve us! :rolleyes: )

Maybe you won't die. Maybe you are the Messiah come to save us!
That would potentially mean eternal capital gains tax. Lovely - thanks for the thought. Mind you, it'd also hopefully mean that I'd still be here at the demise of the Daily Mail and all it's advocates ;) , hence hell and it's messengers will have been defeated :LOL: :LOL:

I usually buy everything on credit card and pay it off at the end of the month so strictly speaking I'm always in debt :)

But I have just paid off my mortgage and the gas & electric bills are waiting for payment to clear so I guess I'm pretty close :cool:

I usually buy everything on credit card and pay it off at the end of the month so strictly speaking I'm always in debt :)

But I have just paid off my mortgage and the gas & electric bills are waiting for payment to clear so I guess I'm pretty close :cool:

as an Essex boy...............you probably owe a HUGE debt to the rest of us.....for ToWiE.......dodgy accents.................and orange fake tans!..... :p

On a completely different subject (hijacking the thread!), did you see Bill Roach (AKA Ken Barlow on Corrie) on "Who do you think you are"?

On a completely different subject (hijacking the thread!), did you see Bill Roach (AKA Ken Barlow on Corrie) on "Who do you think you are"?

no......but i saw him on piers morgan......................way to go ken!!!!! :p :p

Sponsored Links
Back