decided on a setup, but can you recommend a system?...

S

skuba

hi everyone

i posted a topic a few weeks back asking for advice on my setup. i've decided on the following, but wondered if you could actually advise me on brands/makes/models etc?...

1 x bell box (wired)
1 x control panel (wired to bell box, wireless to PIR's etc)
7 x wireless PIR's
1 x wireless remote keypad
1 x wireless keyfob
1 x dummy bellbox

grade 2 and i would like to be able to add more PIR's etc at a later date

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Skuba,

There are quite a few that fit the bill, Castle do some nice wireless gear, Risco also, the list is quite long. Perhaps the Texecom range would be more suited to you. It's quite new, but not so new that it hasn't been tried and tested, I haven't heard anything bad about it so far. Scantronic do a wireless and a hybrid (called the ion range, which accepts wireless and wired detectors).

What you must watch out for, when asking your question to installers, is that each will have their favourites, are more than likely to 'shoot down' someone else's suggestion' and leave you more confused than ever.

This might be worth a try, to get a wider feel of the market:- type something like 'wireless alarms' or similar into your search box and check out more than one forum, more than one ' I don't like it' and so on. Also try a few of the trade warehouse sites, again type the same sort of search and take a look at what they are offering. Give www.securitywarehouse.co.uk a pull and type wireless in their search, and try it with a few others also. The point I am trying to get across is that on this site, although we have quite a few excellent engineers who can advise with an unbiased opinion, there are also others who are not so excellent and will show a lot of bias in their answer.

I have'nt had a chance to look at it so far, but the Texecom Mesh system appears to be gaining in popularity, but I can't talk from first hand exprerience. As far as grades are concerned I should imagine that most of what you check out is going to be above grade 2 anyway.

So, it's a bit of googling if you can spare the time. I don't think you would be well advised to accept comments from one site only.

Keep in touch,

Chain Daisy

Castle
Risco
Scantronic.

All will do fine.

Texe is probably overkill and is expensive.

Oh, and when you do go looking around supplier web sites, might be wise to avoid the one Miss Daisy insists on pushing.

Hi Skuba,

You can safely disregard the last post since it is a virtual duplication and does not include reasons for either of the suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Hi Skuba,

You can safely disregard the last two posts since they are not relevant to your original topic.

Take Care.

Chain Daisy

Hi Skuba,

You can safely disregard the last two posts since they are not relevant to your original topic.

Take Care.

Chain Daisy
you really are a strange character.

What bit of "all will do fine", " Texe is expensive and probably overkill" aren't relevant??
Come on, don't be shy, tell us and in 30 words or less.

Oh, and any reason why you keep recommending that dodgy website? You know, the one of NO relevance!

By the way, what wireless kit is the OP going to check out that will be above Grade 2??

Hi Skuba,

You can safely disregard the last post since it is not relevant to your original topic.

Take Care.

Chain Daisy

skuba, no matter what you use, do or fit, if this is going to be a DiY system it will a Grade 1 system.

Hi Skuba,

You can safely disregard the last post since it is not relevant to your original topic. Should I or a professional on this forum believe there is any relevance attached, we shall most certainly let you know. As far as grades are concerned, regardless of equipment in use it is probable, I don't know and don't really care, that the regs assume that anyone tackling the job on their own renders the installation a grade 1, but this does not detract from the fact that you may be using class six wireless equipment (the highest wireless specification) Just ignore these amateurs, they are a very jealous crowd who, if they ever answer a post in any detail, which is not very often despite the number of posts they've made, they usually get the answer out of a book or training manual before they post. On all other occasions they simply follow the true professionals around and post 'one line comments', nothing better to do with their poor sad lives. For example, the 'one liner' comment that "...Texe is expensive and probably overkill ...." has nothing to do with him whatsoever. You may well decide on the best possible equipment, it has nothing to do with him. He's probably never ever seen the imesh. I know I haven't as mentioned above. So try to ignore these 'one liners' which are totally off topic. I'll let you know when a true pro is giving you advice. Strictly speaking, you'll spot a true pro's advice immediately anyway.

Take Care.

Chain Daisy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back