decided on a setup, but can you recommend a system?...

Fifteen posts, and the query was answered in one. What a waste, of space time and effort.

Sponsored Links
And which post was that......?

You do have some knowledge but so do other people.

People who only listen to one opinion are the people most liable to make a bad decision about what equipment and/or methods are best suited to their needs.

So stop being a self appointed critic and stop saying who is and who is not worth listening to and simply restrain yourself to providing what knowledge and assistance you are capable of supplying. You may offer critique of equipment and or methods but not critique, adverse or favourable of other people unless you know the person better than you can know them from reading their posts on a forum.

Sponsored Links
Bernard,

It pains me to refer you to the now infamous Yale topic which spanned some twenty pages, wherein you were emphatic in your self appraisal, judgemental of every other person, patronising, self gratifying and generally totally incorrect. However, that's why I'm here, to be labelled as self opinionated, If I have any pride whatsoever, it is in that very fact that I am self opinionated. Always have been, always will be. To be ritually slaughtered by those who do not know any better and find difficulty in stringing more than one sentence together. To be called the 'bad apple' and worse since 'this is the way it's always been done' . To suffer the insults, when he is instructed on how to string two words together, of a guy with the laughable name of Joe 90. The very name says it all. It's all part of the job. Always was my intention, always shall be. My presence means that the one liner tribe must at some point move away from ridiculing a genuine query with their sarcastic, vehement and disgusting comments. This is no way to behave, you wouldn't speak to your own children, grandchildren, nephews or nieces with the disgusting attitude the 'one liner' mob have taken as read for the last few years. Why, should it be allowed here. What God given right do you have, yourself personally, to suggest that I am wrong, when I have covered the topic and congratulated you on your input, and still, rather than re-read the entire posts, mumble something along the lines of 'You are wrong chain daisy', and when I ask you to point out word for word where I am wrong, you submit a reply which is no where near the request made to you. How on earth can I justify chastising the others and conveniently leave you out of the frame, since you are as guilty as the next man. Give me a one liner which is precise and to the point, believe it or not, they do exist. But you are as equally guilty, if not more so, by your evasion of the specific questions asked of you. Questions, were they to receive a civil answer, may serve to help the person who raised the query, as opposed to turning it into a charade of four pages. I am guilty of being self opinionated, Ask yourself, Are You ? Since I have suffered the slings and arrows of adversity, chives and sarcastic comments just roll off my back. No man, regardless of how long he has been on this site, shall continue with his disgusting put downs of genuine enquiries for much longer. Some of you shall already have seen an example of that. You shall see much more when you least expect it. It sould be inserted at this point that I do not expect alumni to have read this far, it would be most unusual for him. Should he have, well read on dear heart, and let me be the first on this forum to answer directly those accusations put forward by the one and only bernard green.

"...So stop being a self appointed critic.." I am a self confessed critic, but only where it is essential in order to maintain the flow of a query. An example of this is where I insert "this is irrelevent", Now what does that mean ? well it means that we have not reached a point where a decision has to be made on that wise. It also means that the subject matter has been duplicated in another guise, It may refer to the fact that some bright spark has, in his wisdom, posted a personal 'one liner' aimed at myself. So yes, I agree with the fact that I am a self appointed critic, but I would also insert that I am the first to give credit where it is due, as you yourself are aware bernard, so don't even go there with yet another one liner which contradicts this point.

".... stop saying who is and who is not worth listening to ..." In fact, I have never uttered those words, what I have said is "you may ignore the above post as being of no consequence to the original query...". Now, since you place yourself in the realms of authority, perhaps you could pick out the one word which defines my statement ? No, well let me find the definitive myself. It is simply the second word of the sentence. That's right, "May" which in itself gives the reader the option of either reading or ignoring. It isn't "Must", it is not a command, the reader decides.

".... restrain yourself to providing what knowledge and assistance you are capable of supplying...." Haven't you thought for one second how hypocritical this statement is. This bold statement coming from a man who is more than content to watch the sarcastic 'one liners' pass his eyes, but not his brain, and has never uttered these words to anyone who has posted utter trash. Clean up your own house bernard, before cleaning up anyone elses. Why do you suddenly use this statement ? Am I getting to you ? After all, you have ignored the problem for as long as you've been on the forum. Think about it, sleep on it, ask yourself ".... where have I been all this time ?" Wasn't it you who uttered the now historical one liner "You are wrong chain daisy.." without checking the total posts ? Oh, yes, I was there, and I endorsed your comments also, and your retort was a one liner of no consequence.

People can shout " You're wrong chain daisy ..." from the rooftops, it means nothing to me unless I am proven wrong. In which case, my apology swiftly follows. As for the " knowledge and assistance" bit. My knowledge is limited, as a consequence, I offer only limited assistance. But here, you come under conflict from your own words. It is true, is it not, that you are critisizing me in your post. That's the truth isn't it bernard ? You have critisized me in other posts, that is also true isn't it bernard ? You continue to critisize even members of the 'one liner' gang, that is the truth isn't it bernard ? Well I don't consider you man enough to answer yes. So a 'one liner' put down may be acceptable from you on those truths. Yet you, the Centre Stage of the "Twenty Page Yale". The man I once referred to as a true gentleman in a recent post. You have the temerity to critisize me ? Take a good look in the mirror, tell me what you really see ?

I need just one man from the gang of 'one liners' to stand up and be counted. To say, "no matter what my spelling mistakes, no matter what my level of intelligence, no matter whether I am in a good or bad mood, no matter how highly I think of myself, I shall make a statement and back it up with fact and not sarcasm.." Not for my sake, but for the sake of all the people out there who have a limited knowledge and are asking advice of professionals...".

Is that man you bernard ? because it's one of you, and that person shall come forward with a change of heart because he no longer wants to be a sheep following all the others.

I wish you well.

Chain Daisy

Your comments are noted. Like every one else you are a member of the forum
chain daisy said:
It's all part of the job. Always was my intention, always shall be. My presence means that the one liner tribe must at some point move away
I very much doubt that forum administrators allocated the job to you. I suggest you have assumed the role for yourself.

The sagas about Yale happen because advocates of alarm systems that rely on one way wireless communication on licence exempt frequencies ( Yale is but one such system ) cannot accept that such systems are not going to be 100% reliable.

Ofcom Project 496 reort issued 11th June 1999 said:
1.0 Abstract.
Short range devices operating on 418 and 433.92 MHz have become unusable in certain
locations following the introduction of TETRA. On-site investigations by RA3/MU indicated
that the problems were due to the poor immunity of the SRDs involved. RA3/RTCG was
therefore requested to measure a range of SRDs to provide information on their unwanted
signal rejection performance. The results of these measurements are presented in this report,
and various means of combating interference discussed briefly.
Full text at
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/ra/topics/research/rtcg/projects/project496.pdf

As far as grades are concerned I should imagine that most of what you check out is going to be above grade 2 anyway.
Don't learn do you?

Grades (2 & above) have absolutely no relevance with a DiY system.

Grade
G1. Low risk:
Not likely to be enforced in the UK as it covers DIY-style bells-only systems

Told you that yesterday.

As far as grades are concerned I should imagine that most of what you check out is going to be above grade 2 anyway.
Don't learn do you?

Grades (2 & above) have absolutely no relevance with a DiY system.

Grade
G1. Low risk:
Not likely to be enforced in the UK as it covers DIY-style bells-only systems

Told you that yesterday.
ps Any DiYer could fit a G4 system (know about them?) and it could be the worlds best alarm installation, all high-tec signalling devices, physical security etc etc & it will STILL BE GRADE 1

ps ..... and I just love his patronising signatures

Don't learn do you?
I pointed that out to him the other day. He stated it on a thread discussing wireless kit.
Now, how much of the main stream wireless stuff he was alluding to is rated at grade 3?
- not withstanding the diy install grade.

I shall answer each one liner with a one liner, since the 'one liner' brigade like them so much. So I may need to post several times here. This is the first one:

bernard wrote:- "....The sagas about Yale happen because advocates of alarm systems that rely on one way wireless communication on licence exempt frequencies ( Yale is but one such system ) cannot accept that such systems are not going to be 100% reliable.... "

Neither is a botched wired system installed by so-called professionals going to be 100% reliable, if the present 'one liner' gang are installing them. Yes I've read the post, and you are definitely the instigator of a twenty plus page argument. You bernard, by a mile. Deny it with a 'one liner', as usual.

It is a good thing for this forum that the one liner brigade represent only a small fraction. The remainder are top notch engineers. So here's the next 'one liner' for the 'one liner' mob:-

Europlex wrote ". ... Don't learn do you? ... Grades (2 & above) have absolutely no relevance with a DiY system..."

You are obviously too dim to read my previous posts on the subject, and you have also just contradicted your 'one liner' friend bernard who claims that diy systems may be bona fide recognised in some situations, or words to that effect. Starting to contradict each other's 'one liners' now, as well as other peoples'. Please reply with a 'one liner' containing words of not more than two syllables, which would be about right for you.

I have stated my case Moderator Sir. If you consider that one line sarcastic and often degrading comments are suitable for your forum, I would be delighted to go out on a high, insofar that I have at least attempted to put an end to a degrading practise not suited to a forum of this nature. I would be pleased if you could ensure that the 'one liner' brigade are informed that they may continue with their garbage, as and when you decide to ban myself for promoting a healthy DIYnot forum.

Thankyou for your help in this matter.

The sagas about Yale happen because advocates of alarm systems that rely on one way wireless communication on licence exempt frequencies ( Yale is but one such system ) cannot accept that such systems are not going to be 100% reliable.

Really Bernard? If what you are actually saying is that the reason you cannot accept Yale because they are not 100% reliable then you are making a huge logical error.

NO system regardless of its origin is 100% reliable.
Ask Europlex and Alumni how many times they get called out to faulty systems whether that be wired or otherwise.
Alarm companies make many visits to systems that are misbehaving.
A property I recently managed took three months of return visits before the professional 'WIRED' alarm system worked properly without spurios false alarms.

Ironically my experience of yale systems has proven them to be more reliable than professionally installed systems. My current home alarm is a texecom - veritas8 keypadded alarm installed when I moved here and it has had faults fixed.

Not only that but EVERY system is fallible simply because people can SIMPLY FORGET TO SET THEM... happens all the time.
:rolleyes:

Since a single line, or a single word answer, regardless of it's content may be posted according to the rules of the forum, I must inform you that I am unable to be of assistance in this matter since I have a tendency to ensure that my answers address the issue, clearly and concisely and with dignity toward the original poster, and this implies that on occasion I may write several paragraphs regarding the query. Suffice to insert that there would be little need for comprehensive ( please note the term comprehensive. If you don't understand it, look it up in a dictionary) service contracts which include 'callouts', if wired systems did not false alarm through no fault of the occupier, rather through a faulty wired system. Anyone, and I mean anyone, who is of the opinion that all false alarms are the fault of the occupier and that not one can be attributed to a duff wired installation is a total liar.

Really Bernard? If what you are actually saying is that the reason you cannot accept Yale because they are not 100% reliable then you are making a huge logical error.
You miss the point again. Not Yale but all systems that rely on one way wireless communications on licence exempt frequencies.

Ask Europlex and Alumni how many times they get called out to faulty systems whether that be wired or otherwise.
I am sure they would say that most faults are in sensors and panels with few faults in the communication links between them.

cr
A property I recently managed took three months of return visits before the professional 'WIRED' alarm system worked properly without spurios false alarms.
The wired system at a property that I am key holder for went into alarm at 4:30 the other morning. False alarm. The children had left a cat in a protected room.

A wireless alarm was sounding frequently the previous week disturbing neighbours. A radio survey ( local TV engineer ) found a lot of activity on the radio channel. One assumes the tamper ( blocking detection ) was activating the siren. System will be replaced by wired. ( it was not Yale )

Ironically my experience of yale systems has proven them to be more reliable than professionally installed systems.
So you have DOCUMENTED statistics of faults and failures from a suitably large number of systems. There are two "reliabity" factors, [1]false alarms and [2] failure to alarm when needed.

Not only that but EVERY system is fallible simply because people can SIMPLY FORGET TO SET THEM... happens all the time.
Remind me... which system(s) can be set with a protected door or window open. At least with a wired system that error by the user will result in the panel telling the user to close the door before setting the alarm.

And you friend John has mentioned that if two sensors on a wireless system fire at the same time it is possible ( or did he say likely ) that they will block each other and neither alarm message reaches the panel / siren
Yet he insists that other transmissions on the channel will ( was it never ) block an alarm message from reaching the panel / siren.
With a wired system even if every sensor fired at the same time the panel would get all the alarm messages and, if necessary, prioritise them and react accordingly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back