Did you go to university?

r. Lots of Chinese.
When the daughter was at Aston Uni they had loads of very rich chinese students and at the end of the year when they were heading back home they basically dumped just about everything designer clothes /shoes laptops etc etc . The other students would keep an eye open and jump in the skips to salvage stuff worth thousands

Sponsored Links
To think some courses that involved a couple of years free at the local tech college now involve a uni and thousands of pounds of debt

You need a degree to be a nurse, policeman or binman now apparently.

I have found that those that have not been to Uni equate every single thing to money...eg I haven't been to uni and have trade earning 2k a week...not exactly a chip on their shoulder more a huge millstone round the neck...Uni teaches you that not everything revolves around money it may need money but the most important things are those that allow the individual to attain self-actualization and attain goals of the the inner self.
For them its always rating themselves or others against other groups...left wing are commies , right wing are nazis, I haven't been to uni and its a waste of time, all uni's just do nothing...the irony of the university origin computer they type on or the vaccine that stopped them dying is lost... poor chaps. .

Week one at uni....out pops maslow... Where do you fit ? Normally the anti uni's never get passed level 2, when they mistake wealth with security and forget the concept of having enough to do what you need..Eg a monk
Maslows-Hierarchy-of-Needs-730816.jpg

I was shown this hierarchy many years ago as part of some training course. It makes sense, although I don't remember it mentioning sex - I'm sure this is a fashionable, modern addition and it subtracts credibility unfortunately. Also I don't think it would have used the word "homeostasis" originally, that's more modern mumbo-jumbo. It's not that modern however, as all the characters depicted are white and don't appear to be gay or disabled.

PatEx often quoted Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

Sponsored Links
All about money. Big business now. Bristol University has expanded massively. Whole office blocks converted to student accom and international students flown in from all over. Lots of Chinese.
When has a uni not been a big business ? Bristol always taken international students I was in a flat with a Russian and a Pole in 1982..before the iron curtain came down...they were doing medicine.
I was shown this hierarchy many years ago as part of some training course. It makes sense, although I don't remember it mentioning sex - I'm sure this is a fashionable, modern addition and it subtracts credibility unfortunately. Also I don't think it would have used the word "homeostasis" originally, that's more modern mumbo-jumbo. It's not that modern however, as all the characters depicted are white and don't appear to be gay or disabled.

PatEx often quoted Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.
That is the original, its the definition of life...all living things must : respire, excrete etc etc Homeostasis means that an organism has the ability to alter to external conditions eg a leaf curling up to prevent water loss, it was first used in the 1920's

No I didn't TF. My sister did and she is a right prat. Teacher, never been out of school and has the common sense of a two year old.

You need a degree to be a nurse, policeman or binman now apparently.
most frightening people in my job were the university qualified engineers coming into the job trying to tell guys with decades of experience how to deal with potentially explosive situations thank christ the guys didnt hold back in telling them how to do it properly thus saving lives

Back