Did you go to university?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I did two 5th form years then went to Hollings College to do Food Technology. Then Stockport College to do a raft of C&G electrical courses.

3 times. Quit after first year at one, then completed the next, then did a 2 year OU course about 13 years later.
All were worthwhile for different reasons.

No. Went out and go a trade first, which took 5 years learning and a further 40 years improving due to ever changing technology.
Outside of that I studied at the University of Life and learnt so much that came in handy on the journey.
I know 4 of my school friends who went to Uni and all got degrees/Masters. None of them worked in their chosen Uni subjects as they realised it was not what they wanted to ultimately do for a career. Two became ambulance men/paramedics instead of finance and engineering. One who studied languages, and got degrees in 3 languages, went on to work at Fords on the production line for nearly 40 years. The fourth did palaeontology and got a Masters but then trained to be a business and economics teacher at the school he went to.

Nope went out and got a trade earning shyte money whilst learning it then reaped the benefits once qualified without being thousands in debt for a 3 year pish up

OU & Oxford (Polytechnic for a weeks course)

Edit, I forgot Juggling and circus skills at night school

Last edited:
I know 4 of my school friends who went to Uni and all got degrees/Masters. None of them worked in their chosen Uni subjects as they realised it was not what they wanted to ultimately do for a career. Two became ambulance men/paramedics instead of finance and engineering. One who studied languages, and got degrees in 3 languages, went on to work at Fords on the production line for nearly 40 years. The fourth did palaeontology and got a Masters but then trained to be a business and economics teacher at the school he went to.

A lad I went to school with went to Oxford.
He now "earns" double-digit millions p.a. salary, plus similar in bonuses. :oops:

Me? Yes.

I don't earn anything like that much, surprisingly :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back