Diesel and Petrol prices

Filled up one of our cars we always fill to the brim as we hate going to petrol stations - cost 146-15p the Ultimate stuff.
We then had a bite to eat at th cafe/breakfast three of us 3o quid inc tip.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I bought some petrol this morning in Tesco. Was 158.9. I didn't have my card on me as I was paying by phone so I couldn't go on to the 'card only' pumps. The 'pay at cashier' pumps had no E10 so I had to buy E5. 165.9 for that. :mad:

I did notice that diesel was 168.9 at Tesco but at one fuel station that I passed on the way was charging 186.9.

Hi

We went out and thought we'd top up the car before it goes up again so it was just over half a tank.
We went to bP as it was this cars turn to get the premium diesel. Ordinary was 188 yesterday they actually put it up, today 182
and a friend told us it was 176 I think at Morrisons. The premium fuel was 192. ie the one we bought otherwise it would hve been the Morriosns type.
lol, so much for the tax decrease, lol

Sponsored Links
I use diesel. Asda dropped their price yesterday fro 176.7 to 170.7
I've got half a tank so will wait to see it drop further before I decide to top up.

Dangerous game in these times...
You may find its shot up to £2.00+......

Broke the record yesterday. Filling up on a card it allows you max £99, which I've never really got close to before. Yesterday I maxed out on the full ninety nine.

Filled up in Kings Lynn where diesel was £1.688p ltr. In town it was £1.759p ltr. The cost of fuel hasn't stopped people speeding so perhaps it has a way to go yet.

Apparently someone took a wheelie bin to the petrol station and filled it with fuel; and in a previous crisis a woman tried to fill carrier bags with it.

The 'pay at cashier' pumps had no E10 so I had to buy E5.

E10 is watered down so you get fewer MsPG; this coupled with the price increases is a "double whammy".

I use diesel. Asda dropped their price yesterday fro 176.7 to 170.7

I noticed prices dropping yesterday - is it due to the fuel duty decrease?

Filled up in Kings Lynn where diesel was £1.688p ltr. In town it was £1.759p ltr. The cost of fuel hasn't stopped people speeding so perhaps it has a way to go yet.
Putting up the cost of cigs doesn't stop people smoking either!

I wonder what the price was when the reduction equalled 5p per litre. Or do they use the usual % and deduct 5p? Fact is as prices increase they get more and fixing fuel duty probably means not changing the %. One duty is VAT anyway. Net result seems to be a tax bonanza. They had already exceeded Wilson's tax take.

Retailers reckon price varies with deliveries.

Whoops Fuel excise duty seems to be a fixed amount not a %.

Last edited:
I wonder what the price was when the reduction equalled 5p per litre. Or do they use the usual % and deduct 5p? Fact is as prices increase they get more and fixing fuel duty probably means not changing the %. One duty is VAT anyway. Net result seems to be a tax bonanza. They had already exceeded Wilson's tax take.

Retailers reckon price varies with deliveries.

Whoops Fuel excise duty seems to be a fixed amount not a %.

It's all a con.

As we drove past a Morrisons this morning, the diesel price has gone lower to 170-9p, fact

With the children's Easter break around the corner, I can see it going up again soon before it goes a bit lower.

A local BP station is now at almost 179p for the standard diesel.

Sponsored Links
Back