Disable Buzzer On Door Entry Audio Handsets

I would wire the handset to the psu via a short lead , then connect number 7 from the handset to number 8 on the psu …..it should ring

Sponsored Links
Yep, it buzzed. So the handset is ok.

I then connected 7 on the handset to the wire coming in from the buzzer switch [ie I wired the handset exactly the way it was wired before, but with a new set of (short) wires], and pressed the buzzer switch - nothing happened. Which means (I presume) that the problem is in the cabling from the PSU to the HA/200? (The cabling that goes under the drive! :eek: )

Ok you have proved the handset is ok , I would put the handset back and as before short 7 to 8 at the psu , if it rings then it’s from the psu to entry panel …..is there any spare cores at the entry panel ?

I did what you said, Sparkymarka, and it buzzed.

Unfortunately, no spare cores at the entry panel!

Sponsored Links
Okay, this post is to 'clean up' and bring to a close this thread.
I've been involved since post 39, when the thread became involved in an issue tangential to the initial one.
Thanks to sparkymarka, I was able to isolate the problem with the BPT system (described in post 41) to a wire going under the drive to the gate. It was impossible to replace this wire without digging up the drive, which I don't want to do.
I then started thinking about replacing the whole system with a wifi-based one. The starting cost of these would be in the region of £100.
I then realised that, (at least for now), there is only ONE of the wires which is defective: the one which "rings the bell" in the hallway. The other components (ie the ability to hear and talk through the intercom) still work. So all I had to do was get a wireless doorbell. I sourced one of these for £6.49 from Screwfix. It is working fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back