divorce....why do men get such a bad deal?

I remember a programme on TV few years back, about a wealthy bloke who was getting divorced from his wife.

He had a massive collection of classic cars and sports cars. His wife wanted half the sale value of the cars, or half the collection. He agreed to this. He sold the collection to friends for hundreds of punds....instead of the estimated thousands and thousands.

He gave his wife half the proceeds, which was not very much...she was livid :LOL:

He bought the cars back from his friends :LOL: .....the courts could not do anything about it, he sold the cars all in his name legally and gave her half the money as agreed. What he did afterwards was not her business!

Sponsored Links
I remember a programme on TV few years back, about a wealthy bloke who was getting divorced from his wife.

He had a massive collection of classic cars and sports cars. His wife wanted half the sale value of the cars, or half the collection. He agreed to this. He sold the collection to friends for hundreds of punds....instead of the estimated thousands and thousands.

He gave his wife half the proceeds, which was not very much...she was livid :LOL:

He bought the cars back from his friends :LOL: .....the courts could not do anything about it, he sold the cars all in his name legally and gave her half the money as agreed. What he did afterwards was not her business!

not saying that's not true, i will say that was unlikely.

not saying that's not true, i will say that was unlikely.

It was very likely, the programme was about people getting divorced and the outcomes.

Also had a couple who divorced, the bloke then went onto win a lot of money on the lottery, not the jackpot, but a considerable amount. His ex wanted to claim some of the money and it was threw out of the courts.

The bloke with the classic cars stuck in mind because it was pretty funny how his missus tried to fleece him :LOL:

any court order will state that if assets are to be sold, they have to be sold for market value. Failure to comply with that would be contempt of court and will potentially land you in a lot of bother. That is certainly the way it works now.

Sponsored Links
any court order will state that if assets are to be sold, they have to be sold for market value. Failure to comply with that would be contempt of court and will potentially land you in a lot of bother. That is certainly the way it works now.

If they are sold through a divorce settlement that would be true. If they are sold before, which I believe might have been the case, he can value you them as he wishes.

Back