DIY Gas Work IS NOT Illegal

• Thread starter Water Systems
  • Start date
Water Systems said:
See post one. It is clear you understand the post.
I agree - I do understand it.

Again....
DIY Gas Work is LEGAL. If i write it often enough it might sink in.
If I write that you're wrong, and do it often enough, will that sink in?

You are displaying that you are thick if you can't grasp that from the 1st post.
It's not a question of grasping anything. We disagree. It so happens that I'm right, so my only regret is that I won't be there to see the look on your face on the day that you finally realise it.

Also on page 2, I posted the exact details with clarifies legal DIY gas work.
It doesn't matter what you posted, because I've been conversant with the legislation for quite some time. The argument you're having is one that many forum members have been over, repeatedly - just because you posted the details recently doesn't mean that you're right, it just means that you're naïve. Oh, and wrong too, BTW.

So, do you have an example of either of us peddling the same indignant misinterpretation of the law tens of times on many topics on many forums?

In case that question seems oddly familiar, it's the one you ignored from my previous post. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Why dont you post your name and address, if you are so sure that you are right, then we can ask the HSE to investigate you?
Personally, I would prefer that my money weren't wasted by the HSE in the pursuit of such a berk, and I think it's folly to propose such a waste.

WS keeps on repeating that DIY gas work is legal! Of course what he means is that "it is not ILLEGAL which is not exactly the same thing.
:eek: WTF :eek:

Legal does mean "not illegal", and illegal does mean "not legal". How can you possibly interpret the words in any other way?!

Despite our differences of opinion Agile, I've never considered you to be a stupid person, but I'm starting to wonder...

Water services:

I can understand your glee at obviously firing up the emotions of so many people who actually care about peoples safety i.e. most gas engineers here. I hope you feel proud of yourself for succeeding in gaining the attention you so obviously crave. Yes,..you are correct. D.I.Y gas work is not illegal.. there.. happy?
But is it wise to come on here banging on about how you are right & everyone else is wrong because that`s what it says on the tin? Surely common sense should prevail.Would you be happy for someone to knock on one of your childrens door bragging how good he/she is at D.I.Y & then to proceed to fit a complete gas carcass to every appliance? Safe in the knowledge that `he must be O.K. he lashed in a bog 2 doors down last Saturday`. I think not.
You have had your mileage out of this topic, please go away.

Big G said:
It’s quite vague this, isn’t it.

Scenario 1.

A few weeks later, the kiddies in the house are playing diving off the sofa, the pipe comes loose, gas escapes and is ignited by the static electricity from the shell suit of the oldest child who has just executed a triple somersault.

Was the gas fitter negligent? Was he/she incompetent? You decide.

I’ll be interested in what the answers to the two scenarios would be.

Cheers

G (not a gas-fitter)

Scenario 1 would involve social services due to the child wearing a shellsuit ;)

Sponsored Links
Now that was good! England football 1966, Bobby Charlton, Manch United and the Munich Air Disaster.

Those were the days when football was a team game!

Now they just contrive to pretend that they have been fouled. Last week they showed a video replay of a ball hitting somebodies leg and he pretended it had hit his face!

The gas fitter WAS competent because he had proved that on the ACS. And he WAS negligent because he had not marked the insertion depth with a felt tip pen before assembling the soldered joints!

Tony

Softus said:
Also on page 2, I posted the exact details with clarifies legal DIY gas work.
It doesn't matter what you posted, because I've been conversant with the legislation for quite some time.

It is clear you quite dumb and can't understand soemething that is quite simple. I see why you have a Corgi badge.

"Errr, I'll give you a little clue.................... it can be a bit dangerous. "

And you let CORGIs near it ??????????????????

"I really cannot see the point of your campaign. If you wish to do your own gas and feel competent enough, then go ahead as you obviously have some experience BUT you should not encourage the average DIY guy to do so. "

Whyever not, if people are given the correct information and advice, do you think that all non-CORGIs are too thick or something?

Woulds you call a CORGI who can't tell if the problem is with a gas valve solenoid or the pcb, because he never though to measure the voltage, competent ?

HEy look mummy, I'm trolling !!!

Bamber gaspipe said:
Water services:

I can understand your glee at obviously firing up the emotions of so many people who actually care about peoples safety i.e. most gas engineers here. I hope you feel proud of yourself for succeeding in gaining the attention you so obviously crave. Yes,..you are correct. D.I.Y gas work is not illegal.. there.. happy?

Nope not happy, it is just the law. Safety? Most of you posting on this topic are clearly quite thick. Read what I posted, the HSE have no evidence that DIY is unsafe. They were clear on that.

There is far too much unsafe work going on by Corgi ticket holders. That is their main focus.

On evidence on this thread, it is clear that to get a Corgi badge you need to fail an IQ test.

raden said:
Woulds you call a CORGI who can't tell if the problem is with a gas valve solenoid or the pcb, because he never though to measure the voltage, competent ?

What on earth has fault diagnostics got to do with corgi?....would love to know about that connection.

cucumber said:
Big G said:
It’s quite vague this, isn’t it.

Scenario 1.

A few weeks later, the kiddies in the house are playing diving off the sofa, the pipe comes loose, gas escapes and is ignited by the static electricity from the shell suit of the oldest child who has just executed a triple somersault.

Was the gas fitter negligent? Was he/she incompetent? You decide.

I’ll be interested in what the answers to the two scenarios would be.

Cheers

G (not a gas-fitter)

Scenario 1 would involve social services due to the child wearing a shellsuit ;)

I would call in the style police.

Water Systems said:
[Read what I posted, the HSE have no evidence that DIY is unsafe. They were clear on that.

Of course they don't you plank, most people are not as stupid as you and wouldn't admit to diying a unsafe job.

ollski said:
raden said:

What on earth has fault diagnostics got to do with corgi?....would love to know about that connection.

It is clear that when they write this stuff they are actually serious.

The IQ should be on the Corgi badge. It is clear all of these I would not let through the front door.

Softus said:
Legal does mean "not illegal", and illegal does mean "not legal". How can you possibly interpret the words in any other way?!

Despite our differences of opinion Agile, I've never considered you to be a stupid person, but I'm starting to wonder...

I always did consider him stupid from the start.

Bamber gaspipe said:
What`s an I.Q. test....

This is typical. They should scrap all this Corgi crap and bring back the old apprentice system. In a few month any ding dong can have a Corgi badge and walk over people's front doors, and they will think he knows what he is doing and let him at their boilers and cookers.

I shudder!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back