Diy Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgi numbers on a public forum :LOL: :LOL:

Identity theft comes to mind without even thinking about it.

You wouldn't get mine on there, even if I still had one.

Your number in the kennel club check an RGI, and your name and address pops up on the screen, asking for trouble

Sponsored Links
Most RGIs' numbers are somewhere public like the their van for example.

Mine is everywhere ,letterheads,adverts,van,business cards ,website you name it so what is the difference on a site like this?

If your name and address 'pops up on the screen' so what.Isn't that the purpose of a search on the corgi site for members of the public?

I got two boiler changes in the past four months as a direct result of the search made by two members of the public.

Mine is everywhere ,letterheads,adverts,van,business cards ,website you name it so what is the difference on a site like this?

There are some very unbalanced people who spend a lot of time on the internet. It's called Care in the Community. In a civilised society they would be in a secure psychiatric unit.

Putting personal details on the internet is very inadvisable.

There was a big thing about it on the vans, most guys I know have had the number removed.

You don't need to advertise the number and as I said dodgy grounds

In less than 5mins I could have your name, address, phone numbers, and what you had for dinner.

Then I could sit outside the house and wait for you to go out, a quick phone call to make sure the cost is clear and bingo

Sponsored Links

There was a big thing about it on the vans, most guys I know have had the number removed.

You don't need to advertise the number and as I said dodgy grounds

In less than 5mins I could have your name, address, phone numbers, and what you had for dinner.

Then I could sit outside the house and wait for you to go out, a quick phone call to make sure the cost is clear and bingo

Fair enough from a security point of view however without the number I would suggest someone has something to hide.

But I do take your point it is very much food for thought.

Cheers.

There are some very unbalanced people who spend a lot of time on the internet. It's called Care in the Community. In a civilised society they would be in a secure psychiatric unit.

Putting personal details on the internet is very inadvisable.

Seems like it :confused:

There was an RGI, they threatened to strike off, end of last year, because the work was dangerous to say the least.

The guys number was on the paperwork. :eek:

Seems the number was taken from the side of the van complete with the Company name, blah de blah

question :?: why is it that namsag and drivel don't like anyone else to have an opinion :!: lets have that as a new topic :?: at least everyone else lets each other have a say without being rude and ignorant so mr namsag or drivel ,if you can not say anything constructive and not let other people have an opinion why don't you !!!! off

There was an RGI, they threatened to strike off, end of last year, because the work was dangerous to say the least.

The guys number was on the paperwork. :eek:

Seems the number was taken from the side of the van complete with the Company name, blah de blah

Honestly never given this a thought before.

Yellow pages is full of company corgi numbers in the heating section.

I must lead a very sheltered life :eek:

if you check the dogs rules if you have the badge on your van the number must be on there as well

a load of balls i know but its their rules

question :?: why is it that namsag and drivel don't like anyone else to have an opinion :!: lets have that as a new topic :?: at least everyone else lets each other have a say without being rude and ignorant so mr namsag or drivel ,if you can not say anything constructive and not let other people have an opinion why don't you !!!! off

I've only been subbed here a few months but from my understanding and reading of the various posts Namsag seems a really nice decent punter who is a tad straight to the point and who is less than diplomatic at times but that really is no bad thing.

DD on the other hand is mental! :p In the nicest possible way of course.

if you check the dogs rules if you have the badge on your van the number must be on there as well

That's is precisely why I have it plastered all over the shop :confused:

There's more and more that haven't Kev

You drive into London with it on display, and before you get home 50 poles will be using it

I haven't read all this, it seems to be going over old arguments.
DIY gas work for yourself isn't illegal. Paid gas work by non-Corgi members is illegal. DIYers can't prove themselves competent, or incompetent, because CORGI won't let them.

If you were able to look up numbers, you'd probably find that there had been more fatalities caused by RGIs' white vans tearing between jobs than by DIY gas installations.

I understand that the HSE are currently holding a competition for a company to keep a register of gas installers, from 2009. This is interesting. What exactly would a company need to do to win such a competition? Previous experience, perhaps? No, only CORGI have that, so that's not it.

What is this elusive and unspecified quality which would make one company better qualified than any other company to maintain a register of gas fitters?

There are often RGIs on here moaning about the fees that CORGI charge. Where does that money go? Keeping a register can't be that expensive.

Could it be that, in order to be win the monopoly in keeping the register of gas installers, a company would have to demonstrate the ability and intention to collect monies from RGIs and then pay a huge wad of wonga to HMG?

Think about this. Motorway services are carp and expensive; why? Because the operators have to pay huge fees to the Department of Transport.

Mobile telephone licences are allocated to the highest bidders. Guess what? Mobile telephone services are carp and expensive. Petrol is expensive; why? Customs and Excise is why.

So, Corgi collect huge sums of money and don't seem to provide much in return. What do they do with the dosh? Is this another stealth tax on householders, collected by means of unwitting tax collectors, the Gas Installers?

Does anyone have a copy of CORGI's accounts for the past few years?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back