Diy Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
and you think any of that will make one jot of difference to the numpty that is gonna fit his own dfe fire :rolleyes:

only thing i would add is lock the thread or it will go down the same road as all the others

And what will that prove Kev.

Is the law guilty for not banning DIY gas, or we guilty for trying to make posters that bit safer.

Sponsored Links
Evening all just sat and read everyones post interesting! :LOL: thought of the day :!: i strongly believe this site should encourage QUALIFIED engineers to post there Corgi Registration numbers with advice, i believe that most on this site are only trying to be helpful, But i still think you should be advising non qualified persons not to DIY, would it not be more helpful and SAFER to advise these people of what a part should cost and what is the most they should pay for the repair!!!!! we all watch rougue traders and sit in disbelief when a plumber charges £ 250.00 for changing a ball valve, what utter t**s pots it is very wrong, and yes everyone knows thats why all trades get a bad name :cry: can we not change this :?: can we not offer honest good advice :?: should we make an effort to stop the cowboys out there :?: should we not use this forum to tell people all of the above. come on all, lets not sit and argue over regulations lets put the time to better use :!: :!: :!:

and you think any of that will make one jot of difference to the numpty that is gonna fit his own dfe fire :rolleyes:

only thing i would add is lock the thread or it will go down the same road as all the others

And what will that prove Kev.

Is the law guilty for not banning DIY gas, or we guilty for trying to make posters that bit safer.

point is john the law dosent matter cos they aint gonna get caught or so they think DIY on gas should be made illegal

but personally i belive that even if it was it wont stop the practice

but it might deter a few and there is a solid line not a grey area

can we not offer honest good advice :?:

thats what the members on this site have been doing for a long time before you came wading in with your poor understanding of the law.

i cant think of a single regular (not drivel or any of the other occasional nuisances) on here who will actually instruct the diyer to do gas related work without asking some serious questions of them first. most OP's admit when they are out of their depth. most contributors will advise an RGI.

like it or not its not illegal for them to do it. simple.

you are not doing yourself any favours by not answering questions asked of you.

Sponsored Links
NICKSO were on to page 8 of posts and i wish you would of told me about these guys earlier! please look at it from my point of view i logged on and read someone telling some one else about working on their own boiler, never my intention to be bossy or wade into anything simply put in my first post i was concerned at what i had read, it is good you try and steer people in the right direction! just tried to post a few ideas, not a bad person just try to do the job right sorry if you think anything else about me,

NICKSO were on to page 8 of posts and i wish you would of told me about these guys earlier! please look at it from my point of view i logged on and read someone telling some one else about working on their own boiler, never my intention to be bossy or wade into anything simply put in my first post i was concerned at what i had read, it is good you try and steer people in the right direction! just tried to post a few ideas, not a bad person just try to do the job right sorry if you think anything else about me,

Believe it or not that is the normal approach. To advice a poster to get an RGI to look at it.

From a forum stance there are two options.

Tell the poster to sod off if he wants to kill himself its not our problem, or we can offer advice based on our judgement, which is what happen at the moment.

like i said. all i did was raise a concern that someone was telling someone to work on there own boiler not to be the bullseye on a dart board, clearly i should maybe have looked more closely at some of the other advise given, shoot me if you want :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

NA go on gasman71 you want to start a president so put your number where your mouth is you have not gave any advice to anyone so there is no reason why you cant give your corgi number as you are so strong on others to do, also where exactly are you an inspector ,please answer this or you are going to look such a muppet(your words).

Corgigrouch if you have to work in so many industries it suggests to me that you have to get work from where ever why does your quality of work not supply you with enough work from just one of these , no i have no worries about down turn in economy.

Tonyboy job was a 2 day change over keeping existing heating circuit with minimal alteration new boiler and rads , valves etc etc etc labour was 1700 quid between 2 of us with 50 quid and a day off school to my 16 year old boy for a days labour

Corgigrouch if you have to work in so many industries it suggests to me that you have to get work from where ever why does your quality of work not supply you with enough work from just one of these , no i have no worries about down turn in economy.

Namsag.. It is good that you are so confident, however I do believe that a guy must have a plan B, Plan C and a plan D... The fact is that I do not have to work in any of these industries but I do like to pick and choose, this way I can easily earn my worth and not have to drop my prices to ensure my flow of work. One job leads to another and has run from replacing a boiler with a wrecked heat exchanger, new controls, upgrade the wiring for the new kitchen and air conditioning in the customers daughters bed room, nannies room, cinema and orangery all in the same house.... It's called Yesabillity

I have plan A i am a gas service engineer or so my papers say. Do the very odd bathrom suite either for good mates or if we are doing the heating already, but other than that i work as much as i want to or in the wifes eyes need to, and is filled with gas/heating related work. I honestly dont have any worries about downturn at worst i may answer every phone call i get or at very worst advertise for the first time

Tonyboy job was a 2 day change over keeping existing heating circuit with minimal alteration new boiler and rads , valves etc etc etc labour was 1700 quid between 2 of us with 50 quid and a day off school to my 16 year old boy for a days labour

You did well there big boy,well done. :)

Five hundred bucks says a lot about you mate.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back