Diy Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't you lot ever get sick :rolleyes:

deadhorse.gif

Sponsored Links
I can't see that working.
The site can't FORCE people to declare that they're corgi or whatever.
And if someone claims to be corgi, there are ways he could be pretending.

I think all we can do is point people to the law, and not try to make up our own interpretations - like some do. :rolleyes:
Perhaps "competent" people could discuss/decide what advice to give and what to hold back, in a separate thread?

I suggested it would be a good idea to have the trade ID under the user name, Last week in an email to admin but to date have not received a reply

I am not quite sure what you mean but I dont think that Baxpoxi would be very keen to have his real name and Baxi underneath.

Its quite understandable that many employed engineers would be worried about their bosses seeing some of the things they write on here!!!

I am all for real names! It works on gas-news so why not here and at ARGI?

Real names gets rid of wild and rude postings!!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
If anyone is that worried about losing business and there livleyhood to diy they can`t be that good in the first place. Your name and quality of work should keep you busy.

Only a fool wouldn't worry.. The majority of customers would ditch the idea of quality to save a tenner... How many folk come on here saying that they know that a Vaillant or a Worcester is a good boiler but surly a Heatline Vizo would be just as good, expecting us to say that it would.. You already know what they are going to buy...

Plan today for the storm tomorrow.. I'm fortunate in being able to do so many different things, Sparks, Aircon , refrigeration...Hell if push comes to shove I can go and drive a truck...Far too many guys are limited in what they do and they will find it quite tough and I fear for them

I can't see that working.
The site can't FORCE people to declare that they're corgi or whatever.
And if someone claims to be corgi, there are ways he could be pretending.

I think all we can do is point people to the law, and not try to make up our own interpretations - like some do. :rolleyes:
Perhaps "competent" people could discuss/decide what advice to give and what to hold back, in a separate thread?

Not every one would need to Chris, but the poster would at least know who's advice to take note of.

All it needs is RGI or whatever under the user name, you could start with all the members in the Combustion chamber

For example.

Doitall
Retired RGI

Cant see a problem with that

All it needs is RGI or whatever under the user name, you could start with all the members in the Combustion chamber

For example.

Doitall
Retired 1866 RGI

Cant see a problem with that

But when you are retired you can soon become out of touch with the current technology like lambda control for example!

The public dont generally know what an RGI is ! So it would have have to be CORGI or even better a CORGI shield logo !!!

Tony

logo-corgi.gif

Bahco...remember when ya did that post in the FAQ's about the best and worst boiler?

Ya know the one i mean....the one to address the 10000000's of post asking which is the best boiler...boring.

ya know what i am going to say now don't ya.

Please find it in the goodness of your heart to do a similar sterling job covering this b*loody subject.

I'm sure it comes up at least as much as the "whats the best boiler"

Its doing mi cake in :evil:

I was going to a DIY GAS FAQ but I thought it would be too controversial and there would be a lot of hassle.

If anyone is willing to help me with it and GIVE ME HARD FACTS and not silly opinions etc then I will do it. :D

I will rise to the challenge but will expect your support .ski bop a do bop :D

Watch the forum for an exciting new topic coming your way. :LOL:

i think the faqs speak for themselves apart from the troll nearly everyone in one way or another has been fundementally saying very similar things, just using different examples to illustrate the same points.

if you state it as a faq, then it becomes quite a short one.

yes a diyer can carry out work on his own appliance/fitting
with regards to competance often the diyer confuses confidence with competance.
no one not registered with and belonging to a regulatory body nominated by the H.S.E. for now as corgi shall perform any work on any gas fitting or storage device.
no person shall misrepresent themselves as a member of above organisation.
any diyer who screws up and kills their family with carbon monoxide or manages to burn their house down, can expect a knock or the door from the HSE and the police.
any person prosecuted for breach of the gas regulations can expect a hefty fine or a prison sentence or both.

and you think any of that will make one jot of difference to the numpty that is gonna fit his own dfe fire :rolleyes:

only thing i would add is lock the thread or it will go down the same road as all the others

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back