DIY gas

Sponsored Links
Im curious, why does someone who's located in Indonesia have such a vested interest in the UK gas industry ;)

Idonesia is only a stones throw away from Watford. :mrgreen:

so, you should come in and see what we're actually about and see what we do instead of attacking us in that uninformed brain dead manner

You talkng to me? , if so what have I said?

Have you forgotten already?

I was inviting you to come and visit up and gain an informed opinion

Sponsored Links
He brings in sections of the orchestra at the right time and dictates sound levels etc etc

I had an electrical conductor in mind. They are all around us.

Then there are bus conductors, about 16 in London!

Full time orchestral conductors perhaps 5-6 ?

Celamat malam!

Tony

yawn.gif

Post overlap with Tony...

Why do some people say its OK to work on gas as long as you know what you are doing and can get a gas safe engineer to sign it off? I've come across this a lot recently, guys not gas safe, do the gas work, then a gas safe mate comes and signs it off for 40 quid. It appears the law is either lax, the authirities are not too concerned or these unregistered installers are very brazen and dismissive of industry standards.

Why do some people say its OK to work on gas as long as you know what you are doing and can get a gas safe engineer to sign it off? I've come across this a lot recently, guys not gas safe, do the gas work, then a gas safe mate comes and signs it off for 40 quid. It appears the law is either lax, the authirities are not too concerned or these unregistered installers are very brazen and dismissive of industry standards.

No, its allowed to work on your own appliance if you are competent. If they can get a RGI to sign it off, thats up to them and the installer. Personally, I would think that £40 was taking the ****, since he is signing off an unknown setup.

In all things, a sense of proportion is required. I would say that £40 is way low£50 is nearer the mark (<=that was a joke for those retarded RGis who can't see it)

Changing your tune then Naz? costs of running a business a little surprising are they?

although not aimed at me, absolutely not a problem

If you DIY, either you don't get it signed off , or you pay the going rate for someone to check the work out.

I have no problem there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back