DIY gas

Sponsored Links
I kind of agree, but I know sparks get there tickets and struggle to fit a light bulb, mechanics that diagnose car faults incorrectly, Dr that can't preform, dentists that drill to deep so you lose a tooth, vets that charge a bomb then put animals down as they don't have a answer, finance advisers that make you invest in deff product and the list goes on. So a rgi takes a test to work on gas a may be a good fitter, but if they want to do breakdown then I would suggest to do manus training days foc so you can repair and fault find easier. And sure I read a post on a micron were the op said to fit a PCB first on prob more to chance would be electrode or pilot, not having a go just saying its not as easy as you make out.

Well Geoffs righthand man upset me alot, everytime Geoff goes on holiday he screws things up. Clueless muppet.

did he hit you with a stick with a nail in it?

no just messed up my order numerous times, and caused my customer a whole world of grief. dont worry there's other companies about who do what you do, your not unique, I use and recommend them now. I think your a bit dumb coming on a web forum slagging everyone off when there's alot of your customers use this site. Also think your brave having a pop at GW, he only lives down the road from you and I wouldnt wanna upset him too much personally :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Any RGI signing off someone else's work is signing off that he has installed the boiler - including hanging it on the wall - himself.

Just in case you didn't get the joke:

'What's the difference between a conductor and Radox bath salts?'

'Radox bath salts bucks up the feet!'

actually the law says DIY gas work IS LEGAL so long as you know what you are doing. However you are not allowed to do gas work for other people or make money out of it.

actually the law says DIY gas work IS LEGAL so long as you know what you are doing. However you are not allowed to do gas work for other people or make money out of it.

Knowing what your doing isn't enough if you look in more depth. You have to prove yourself competent and the only way you can do that is through the ACS system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing what your doing isn't enough if you look in more depth. You have to prove yourself competent and the only way you can do that is through the ACS system.

Oh, my bad almost FIVE years old

Last edited by a moderator:

What should be illegal is muppets bringing up posts that are 4 f ucking years old
Im afraid you are just plain wrong. nowhere in the law does it mention ACS. That's just a lie invented by plumbers to retain business

Im afraid you are just plain wrong. nowhere in the law does it mention ACS. That's just a lie invented by plumbers to retain business
No numpty.....

Taken from ACOPS
57 Anyone who works on a gas fitting…. Therefore, do-it-yourself gas engineers and those performing favours for friends and relatives all need to have the required competence.
  • 58 Competence is a combination of practical skill, training, knowledge, experience to carry out the job in hand safely, and ensuring the installation is left in a safe condition for use. Knowledge must be kept up-to-date with changes in the law, technology and safe working practice.
  • 60 Gas work should not be undertaken except:
  • a) by a person who has successfully completed an industry recognised training course followed by assessment of competence. Training that leads to assessment of competence in safe gas work must be recognised by the industry’s Standards Setting Authority. or
  • b) in the case of a previously Registered person, they have proved competence through a Certification Scheme. or
  • c) for those working at premises that fall outside the scope of the Regulations (see regulation 2(4) and associated guidance), by a person who has successfully completed an industry recognised training course followed by assessment of competence.
  • 61 Training should be of a standard to enable a gas engineer to achieve competence in the safe installation, purging, commissioning, testing, servicing, maintenance, repair, disconnection, modification and dismantling, of the gas systems, fittings and appliances with which they are working. This should include an adequate knowledge of associated services, such as water and electricity, of the dangers they may give rise to and the precautions to take.

Please explain how your going to prove yourself competent?

5 year old post??.you got nothing better to do FFS??....jeez....obviously trawling the site..:rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: oph

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back