Do I really need a roof coating?

40 years for a concrete tile is nothing...colour will have faded/lichen coverd... poor workmanship will usually be their downfall.

Dont waste your money on coating.

A **** roof is a **** roof coated or not.

Sponsored Links
;) Yep ur right, I saw some coated roofs near Doncaster, I had to stop and take photos, then the owner came out and asked what I was doin' KNOTTINGHAM ROOF COATING CO, (see above for best description) so well 'travelled' hint hint they can't even spell.

Sponsored Links
The only roof coating that worked and was "of it`s time" was Turnerising . Then came the travelling Redland rogues from the badlands of Eire and slapped loads of heavier tiles on those poor old roofs that had slate/turnerising . Bring back the 70`s :LOL: :LOL:

I also had many roof coating companies at my door giving me different sales patter .I was looking to get my roof done butwanted to see some work they had done so i took a drive to see some of the work they had done and cant belive how they get away with what they are doing to folks roofs . I got it done eventually from a local company the guy used a paint called nutech before i let him do it i done some reserch in to nutech they give a 12 year manufacturers guarentee . It has a gloss look when the sun hits it the paint is double the price of the others but his price still beat the rest i sound like i am trying to sell them but it was good to get good service for a change with no stupid story of my roof going to come in the company was called .SCOTCOAT .they do two types of paint mat and glossy finn wich i picked they are in glasgow and people have knocked my door lots of times asking me who done it.I hope this will help you .

The first time i saw a roof painted i thought it was joke!

The paint looks appalling, faded patchy and not at all in keeping.

Now when i look i shake my head in dismay.

The claims made by these companies are hilarious.

mrlang";p="1590190 said:
I also had many roof coating companies at my door giving me different sales patter .I was looking to get my roof done butwanted to see some work they had done so i took a drive to see some of the work they had done and cant belive how they get away with what they are doing to folks roofs . I got it done eventually from a local company the guy used a paint called nutech before i let him do it i done some reserch in to nutech they give a 12 year manufacturers guarentee . Nutch is an Australian comopany who are one of the biggest in the world, Guys like Noseall, knows nowt as roof coating is massive worldside, There are better coatings than Nutech as the norther hemishere and rain on and off can wash out the sterites over time, Unfortunately it is a trend in the UK for cowboys to jump on the band wagon once a few goof companies introduce a product. They make a hash of it and the whole industry suffers. YES there are some cra99y jobs and cra99ier applicators, but take it as read that IF DONE TO THE STANDARDS THE MANUFACTURERS ADVISE, ROOF COATING IS A WORTHWHILE ALTERNATIVE TO RE-ROOFING. shop around some roof-coaters can be trusted to do it right.
net]  Good one
View media item 21857

harleythedog";p="1592098 said:
I also had many roof coating companies at my door giving me different sales patter .I was looking to get my roof done butwanted to see some work they had done so i took a drive to see some of the work they had done and cant belive how they get away with what they are doing to folks roofs . I got it done eventually from a local company the guy used a paint called nutech before i let him do it i done some reserch in to nutech they give a 12 year manufacturers guarentee . Nutch is an Australian comopany who are one of the biggest in the world, Guys like Noseall, knows nowt as roof coating is massive worldside, There are better coatings than Nutech as the norther hemishere and rain on and off can wash out the sterites over time, Unfortunately it is a trend in the UK for cowboys to jump on the band wagon once a few goof companies introduce a product. They make a hash of it and the whole industry suffers. YES there are some cra99y jobs and cra99ier applicators, but take it as read that IF DONE TO THE STANDARDS THE MANUFACTURERS ADVISE, ROOF COATING IS A WORTHWHILE ALTERNATIVE TO RE-ROOFING. shop around some roof-coaters can be trusted to do it right.
net]  Good one
View media item 21857

.....and the upshot is, leave your roof well alone until it is time to change your tiles.

DON'T PAINT YOUR ROOF.

Don't do it. It doesn't work. Looks great for a while and then looks at bad as ever. Had a bad experience - promise to stop moss re-growth for 10 years, after 10 months the moss was back. Roof now looks worse than ever as we have terracotta tiles with horrible green moss over it. At least the old colouring disguised it a bit!!

Don't do it. It doesn't work. Looks great for a while and then looks at bad as ever. Had a bad experience - promise to stop moss re-growth for 10 years, after 10 months the moss was back. Roof now looks worse than ever as we have terracotta tiles with horrible green moss over it. At least the old colouring disguised it a bit!!
Moss growing on the debris that lands on the tiles can be treated with any moss treatment, from the gutter edge and using a standard garden sprayer (5ltr type) This does of course work if the coating company actually did the job properley and not just a flash clean, no treatment to speak of, and actually did two coats rather than one thick one . :rolleyes:

Wasn't it Harleythedog that did that awful spraying on that house in London? The one where he over-sprayed all next doors house? What a cowboy this guy is.

To the original poster and any other homeowners reading this.

DO NOT COAT, PAINT OR SEAL YOUR ROOF EVER.

If you have a bad roof, repair it or reroof it, do not be tempted by one of these cowboy contractors.

I have just stripped off and reroofed a plain tile roof in maldon , essex which was 'coated' around 8 months ago, my customer paid £3800 to have it coated in a hideous red coating.

They sprayed and sealed over broken tiles and split lead and it continued to leak, now they have just paid out £4.500k on top to have it done properly

IT IS A FALSE ECONOMY APPLIED BY RIP OFF MEN WITH LITTLE OR NO ROOFING EXPERIENCE AND SOLD BY OVERPAID SALESPERSONS

This also goes for the underside sealing of roofs which is happening in my area quite a lot where foam is sprayed onto the back of the roof from the loft.

Wasn't it Harleythedog that did that awful spraying on that house in London? The one where he over-sprayed all next doors house? What a cowboy this guy is.
There is nothing quite like getting the facts right, Harley doesn't live or work or *roof coat in London. (*or anywhere else) He did however work for the largest roof coating company in Sydney for 12 years and ran 36 coating teams and over A$26,000,000 of work all to spec, all satisfied customers. Then Harley retired to the UK to laugh at the kind of eejits on this forum. Joe 90 wasn't he the 1960's puppet with a sight problem and funny walk???? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back