Do I really need a roof coating?

Sponsored Links
Why Bristol after all that $ and sun in Auz. :idea: ;)
Bristol????????????? No not even Bristol . And it's the women, the guy always follows the wifey back to their nest, Bristol !!!!!!! Give me a break. Mottram St Andrew actually.

Over the last couple of years I've had visits from roof coating companies (the most recent being Thermashield who have insisted that my roof, being 40 years old, is very likely to need replacing if I don't use their services. They have told me that the life expectancy of my roof, when the house was built, was only 25-30 years. I have always looked on this claim with some scepticism, however I was just wondering if there was any truth in the claim. The most recent price I was given was £2000 for a 60 square meter covering.
i have read some of the stupid comments below and would like to point out the fact that marley, the company that make concretes tiles put these coatings on the tiles when they make them. ( FOR A REASON) ignore the idiot or idiots it DOES need done after diferent lengths o time depending on when your tile was made and your surrounding demographics, having said that at least most of the commenters were correct that the companys will try and hugely over cost the job for massive proffits, but i would still recomend a well known company rather than cowboys wi a white van

Sponsored Links
[i have read some of the stupid comments below and would like to point out the fact that marley, the company that make concretes tiles put these coatings on the tiles when they make them. ( FOR A REASON) ignore the idiot or idiots it DOES need done after diferent lengths o time depending on when your tile was made and your surrounding demographics, having said that at least most of the commenters were correct that the companys will try and hugely over cost the job for massive proffits, but i would still recomend a well known company rather than cowboys wi a white van

Spelling-English-Jules.gif

:LOL: " demographics - the characteristics of a human population "- the % of nob ends being highest in the roofing game :mrgreen:

As usual, a roof company not liking the fact there no longer able to charge stupid amounts of money for a new roof to be installed. I run a roof restoration company and i charge a lot less than most other companies out there and take more time to complete the job, so i know its done right and will last years. Just because a few companies up your end are cowboys doesn't make everyone one.

Some houses i have came to inspect and told them to get a new roof as it was beyond repair (tiles had started flaking and falling apart) but most customers roofs are covered in moss and wants them cleaned off. If pressure washed off you should have it coated or re sealed properly, or the roof will look just as bad, i not worse in a couple of months. You should take a look at some of the work Ive done.

Your be pleasantly surprised. Tell me what you think. Before pictures available on request. View media item 34651 View media item 34652 View media item 34653 View media item 34654 View media item 34655

Harley the dog is a con artist. He showed us some of his other work once. I still laugh when I think about it. He completely sprayed the next door house
by mistake.

Harley the dog is a con artist. He showed us some of his other work once. I still laugh when I think about it. He completely sprayed the next door house
by mistake.

Like i said there are cowboys who care about nothing more than the money and not the quality of work. If you look closely at my pictures the lead work has been covered before painting as well as thoroughly cleaned off. The customer had the biggest smile on his face when he saw the end result. The process we do is. Pressure wash until all algae and moss is off repoint any ridge tiles and replace any broken tiles, soak the whole roof in moss clear, then leave for a couple of days to soak in. Apply the first coat of paint, wait for it to dry for at least 2 hours but drying time depends on weather conditions. Then the second coat. Thats just a quick over view.

Like i said there are cowboys who care about nothing more than the money
Just take a look in the mirror and go get an honourable job!

Its my business which does Window Cleaning, Gutter/fascia cleaning, Block paving and patio cleaning, as well as the roof cleaning. With over 1000 customers. When the roof tiles are made they are coated with the same paint which i apply when painting. The tile may have a 40 year lifespan but if you take a look at the state of the tile it will be faded and in some cases braking up. I come along and sort all that out and put a 10 year guarantee on it. Ive done roofing and its a doddle. Just before you start judging me. my CV consists of NVQ L2 in professional catering, worked in a kitchen for a year, Btec 1st in computing and worked in a office for a few months until getting bored of working indoors so started my cleaning business. so dont judge

What coating do you use?

Either SmartSeal which is manufactured my Britannia paints, or Iso-Nordic. Depending on customer choice. My wording was bad in last post, sounds like in saying I use exactly the same paint as the tile manufacturers do, bad wording on my behalf. Sorry.

My CV consists of NVQ L2 in professional catering, worked in a kitchen for a year

Why didn't you mention that first? It's ok lads this chap is fine to paint your roof. :mrgreen:

Haha you cocky prick if you read things properly on one of the reply s was "go and get a proper job" and i was outlining Ive had plenty of other jobs so im not coating roofs and running a successful company because i have to but because i want to. Just to set the record straight all the jobs ive ever done the customers been over joyed! Get a life just because other people have a better sense of business than you, no need to get cocky. Most roofers get kicked out of school at 12 for doing crack down the bike sheds to be taken on with a local roofer for 2 quid an hour. All thick Gormless ideots!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back