Do Not Scale Drawing Use Figured Dimensions Only!

Sponsored Links
WHile I can agree with the comments about the council not checking, did the guy not dimension his own drawing?

Hmm, why is the building 'several yards wider' than on the drawings according to the planners yet only 4% out according to the owner, that doesn't seem to add up! I smell porkies! Its pig ugly anyway.

I'm with FMT on this: someone's tried to screw the system. And lost. Boohoo.

Sponsored Links
1 yard at 4%=25 yards so several [say 5]would =115metres/125 yards which is still big if its on the circumfrence

may be its the cubic yards they are talking about!!!

If i am to believe all the stuff written (verbatim) then i will agree with Shy and say that they were defo' trying it on.

You would have to be naive to the point of complete gullibility to underestimate the power of planning.

People do not approach a life changing project like this lightly and dim's would have been checked and re-checked. These people deserve what they get.

Hmm, if its a scaling error, how come the garage door & windows still fit?

The applicant has a valid argument

If the whole drawing was printed at a reduced scale, then all the other components were reduced too, in which case then it is clear that the drawing is not printed to the correct scale. A professional planner would be expected to realise this

In addition it is not acceptable to rely on scaling construction drawings at :100 or even 1:50, and the planners should know this and should have requested dimensioned drawings.

If the applicant pushed this, then I can't see how the council would win. But there may be other issues or not all the facts in that article, in which case the applicant may be trying it on

Woody the scaling issue was but one of 15 transgressions. That rather points to someone attempting to ride roughshod over the system doesn't it - like the guy who hid that bungalow inside a barn in a SSSI area.

People who kick the a*se out of the system to that extent do not deserve any sympathy.

Did the kitchen cupboards have a big gap? did the carpet fitters turn up & find out the carpet was too small?

Why was the bill for bricks, tiles, materials etc going over budget so much?

Though why they cannot get retrospective changes to the PP I dont know, does it really cause that much of a problem to be a little bigger?

15 transgressions, could be minor variances to the plan, AFAIK they are quite commo as nothing ever goes to plan. :D

The housebuilder's mistake was allow a lot of noise to be made, because now the council has to enforce demolition in order to stop everyone making the the same 'scaling error'.

He should have simply heaped money on the planning councillers to shut them up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back