Do The Experts Know What Part P Is About? - - NO!

Sponsored Links
Actually one of the most boring reads ever! It was obvious from page one that the guy knew BAS had him cornered but he kept coming back for more. Still, I was mightily impressed that he ran his own company and was a qualified designer, installer and tester as he was so keen to allude to on multiple occasions. Surprised you didn't run off with your tail between your legs in the face of that sort of heavyweight argument BAS.

I also got banned from a forum because "I was instructing people how to do functions which could be dangerous" because some one complained and then the guy also went.

Problem is no way to say good bye and tell people what went on which is why I am careful to refer to Part P on here.

I believe that people will DIY Part P or no Part P and if I can guide them to doing a safer job then I think I have done good deed for the day.

But I will admit back in 1998 I worked for a guy who had one set of test gear between 6 electricians and often work was not tested to required standard. We were always going to go back to finish it but often never happened. But since Part P much more attention has been paid to inspection and testing.

Why does anybody expect to get an 'expert' opinion on the intepretation of a Statutory Instrument/Statute on a DIY Electrician forum?
I don't know. Perhaps it's because this is a particularly good DIY forum.

Sponsored Links
I've come across Warreng before, I'm sure.

On this forum as FHW Engineer, on Ultimatehandyman as I Don't Believe It and on Screwfix as rabbit rabbit.

On past performance, he'll carry on until his posts show him to be such an absolute tw@ that even he becomes too embarassed to continue with his ID. He then, Phœnix-like arises from the ashes on another forum under a different ID. Nevertheless, his status as a class I idiot always shines through.

Didn't think you were around long enough to know of FWL, Big Spark or what was the other one? ET something??
Or are you another old timer in disguise?

That's right, Goldberg FWL. I'd forgotten, although I should have remembered; if you pronounce "fwl" as Welsh, it sounds appropriate!

I had not come across your link before. Presumably he'd exploited that character to the limit and had to bump him off.

I liked his "I don't believe it" character best. He ended up with 90 years of academic experience, two degrees and a doctorate as well as being a "qualified electrician".

FWL is famous for various forum exploits across the Internet.

Did you ever see this one?

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,3925414
That's outrageous - I knew he was a complete tw@, but I never thought he would stoop so low as to make up stories about being killed in a car crash. Mind you - as he used to do an average of 100,000 miles a year, and at times up to 240,000, it would have been a highly probable way for him to go.

I'm truly surprised that there wasn't a lot more fuss on that forum when they realised what a terrible lie he had perpetrated. Maybe listening to all that white noise from space has addled all their brains.

Does anybody know if he is still active anywhere? It would be nice to go and congratulate him on his miraculous resurrection.. :LOL:

I suggest you seek out his posts and form your own conclusions - I can't quote any as he's been on my Ignore list for years...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back