Do timber fascia boards add structural strength to the roof

Hi padstar, we did this job about 4 years ago. So while I was collecting the essentials I took this image for you. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• BD907443-EAAA-40C6-B702-A7B33798BF70.jpeg
    BD907443-EAAA-40C6-B702-A7B33798BF70.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 87
Sponsored Links
Looks good. Thanks for the image. Do they do curved specials and is the product through colored or do you see a fill color when you cut.

Hi Padstar, that’s the compromise you have to make when using coloured flat board as tudor board no curves. The product is a film on white finish, as so many of the window and facia products are. Your local stockists will gladly help you with samples ( when they next open) so the cut areas are fit flushed so you never see them. Also to get the bolt on look these are simply screwcaps just gives it a nice finish.

You look like your trying to fit a maintenance free finish to the roof and fascias. Have you thought about fitting a dry ridge tile system that never needs pointing.?

Sponsored Links
getting the angle and cutting would be simple, i was curious what you did with the cut horizontal edge

Hi Datarebel, sorry that should stay a secret really. But just for you we always finish off with a lollipop. So you get a nice covered corner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back