Do we have any approved boiler fitters....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the house around the Wrexham, North Wales, Shropshire, Cheshire area?

The British Gas Energy Trust want me to get 2 quotes quick sharp from 2 separate and approved companies for the replacement of my boiler. I must also supply documentation to confirm that the excising boiler is goosed (condemned) which shouldn't be too much bother as it hasn't worked in 2 years, no water in the system so it's probably seized to buggery!

If anyone can help please do drop me a line otherwise I'll have to ring the local greedy gits :D

Sponsored Links
So you want 2 people to give you quotes for what?

So BG can put a boiler in for you?

Bill, I think a few more details would help us to help you!

What is the quote to be used for?

What is the quote to be for?

Tony

Sponsored Links
British Gas want 2 quotes from 2 separate companies to supply and fit a gas boiler.. BG are (hopefully) funding the install.

My point exactly

"BG are funding the install" so BG are doing the install

So you want 2 guys to come out and give you a quote which you have no intention of accepting

They are sponsored by British Gas, you can bet your bottom dollar the quotes are for legal purposes only.

They are sponsored by British Gas, you can bet your bottom dollar the quotes are for legal purposes only.
They are a registered charity, whose sole income is an annual grant from British Gas. The trustees have no connection with British Gas.

If they were using it as a 'fiddle', the Charity Commissioners would soon be on to them.

You should read their Latest Report

Didn't say it was a fiddle DH.

Lets say my heating company give you £10m tax deductable pounds, and you want a new boiler fitting.

They are a registered charity, whose sole income is an annual grant from British Gas. The trustees have no connection with British Gas.

]
That`s allright then :LOL: It`s more Victorian Values - BG will be building Model Villages ( full sized not miniature models :rolleyes: ) like Cadbury did : Bring back the Workhouse , the asylum and the birch - Bah Humbug :mrgreen:

Didn't say it was a fiddle DH.

Lets say my heating company give you £10m tax deductible pounds, and you want a new boiler fitting.
'Fiddle' was probably not the correct word ;)

But you were implying that the Charity would get quotes from other installers but always end up using British Gas to do the work. It was this 'fiddle' that the Charity Commissioners would quickly pick up and put a stop to.

If you look at the pie chart on page 3 of the link, you will see that boiler repair/replacement only accounted for 20% of the expenditure; 36% was spent on providing people with washing machines etc. They even spent 5.6% on helping with funeral expenses.

It appears that they are not the only utility company with a trust to help people in need.

The British Gas Energy Trust want me to get 2 quotes quick sharp from 2 separate and approved companies for the replacement of my boiler. I must also supply documentation to confirm that the excising boiler is goosed (condemned
Ask people you can trust (friends, relatives, neighbours) to recommend a couple of reliable Gassafe Registered installers (Oftec if it's an oil boiler) and get them to give you a quote. It's always a good idea to check them out at http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk or at http://www.oftec.org

They should also be able to provide a report on the state of the boiler.

I wouldn't mention that the Trust is involved as the 'British Gas' part of the trust name may give them the wrong idea. :rolleyes:

My point exactly

"BG are funding the install" so BG are doing the install

So you want 2 guys to come out and give you a quote which you have no intention of accepting

Wrong! If British Gas were doing the work why would I be asking for 2 quotes?

Hard work!

Thanks for the links D_Hailsham

Wrong! If British Gas were doing the work why would I be asking for 2 quotes?

Hard work!

Because thats the way it works Bill.

I've no idea in your case but they would need 2 other qoutes as a price guide.

Or are you saying have to find your own installer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back