Do we have any approved boiler fitters....

Sponsored Links
Ah, before I forget let me just drag this thread back to subject!

Gas fitter came out this evening. Choice of 2 deals he can offer..

Quote 1: Ideal boiler 24kw, replacement living room rad, RF digistat, magna clean and flush system £1350 including VAT

Quote 2: As above but with a Worcester 24i Junior £1700 including VAT.

Just waiting on the other gas guy to visit tomorrow and we'll see what he offers.

Chuffed! :)

Sponsored Links
Bunny lives in an expensive comumuter belt area apparently.

Even in London the prices would only be about £200-£300 higher and thats for an English RGI.

Bill, didn't BG Trust expect to supply the boiler?

If not then why not have a better boiler like the Intergas or the Viessmann? Both have a five year warrantee if fitted by an approved!

Tony

Nope tony but a Vaillant out an 831 in with a bit of gas work an rf stat around £2200 plus the vat goin rate round here

It's probably cheap because we are in Wales up in the sticks and fitters are finding work hard to find or so I was told this evening. Sign of the times..

Tony to be honest I've not heard of either. The only boiler I could remember was the Worcester, we had one years back and it did OK, very little hassle.

I have had a quick scan at the Intergas and it's pretty cheap and marketed on have less parts to go wrong which is good! The Viessmann 24k looks a handy bit of kit but it's energy efficiency is rated at E while the 24kw Intergas comes in at a nice A.

http://www.homeheatingguide.co.uk/efficiency-tables.php?model=016135

http://www.homeheatingguide.co.uk/efficiency-tables.php?model=008393

I suppose the million dollar question is overall what is best the Ideal, Worcester or the Intergas?

I hate too much choice, now I'll be going to bed thinking about bloody boilers all night! :eek:

Sorry Tony, to answer your question the BG Trust have said nothing about supply the boiler, just that I should find 2x competitive quotes for the replacement.

Intergas/Atmos first everytime.

Then Vaillant.

Then Worcester and Viessmann.

Ideal's aren't worth a use w@nk rag.

(Que Beavis and Butthead) Uh, ha, ha, ha, ah, uh, ha.... he said w@nk rag < my lad thought that was highly amusing ha!

So Intergas it is then! Is a 24kw OK for 7 rads?

Thanks Dan!

The Viessmann 24k looks a handy bit of kit but it's energy efficiency is rated at E while the 24kw Intergas comes in at a nice A.

you can't buy a new boiler less than 'A' rated so i'm not sure where you are looking for your info

The Viessmann 24k looks a handy bit of kit but it's energy efficiency is rated at E while the 24kw Intergas comes in at a nice A.

you can't buy a new boiler less than 'A' rated so i'm not sure where you are looking for your info

SAP seasonal efficiency rating of the Viessmann 75.3% rating band E.

Maybe I've got my wires crossed or misunderstood the info.

Bill, let me know if you need an Intergas Platinum Installer . . . Shameless I Know :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back