Do we have any approved boiler fitters....

Wrong! If British Gas were doing the work why would I be asking for 2 quotes?

Hard work!

Or are you saying have to find your own installer.

YES YES YES!!!

British Gas are NOT doing the work, I need to find my own installer to do the work.. The 'Trust' not BG want 2 quotes for the work, then the cheapest will probably get the job..

:)

Sponsored Links
Take this as you will but I think this is one of the problems with this country.

How is someone who owns a computer and is paying for Internet access able to get a grant for a free boiler?

The passenger side electric window on my van has broken can I get a grant for a new van?

Take this as you will but I think this is one of the problems with this country.

How is someone who owns a computer and is paying for Internet access able to get a grant for a free boiler?

The passenger side electric window on my van has broken can I get a grant for a new van?

NEWS FLASH, that's what 'Trust funds' are for - for people who have hit rough times. It's not a government handout!

I was made redundant a year ago after 35 years as a Bus Driver, my savings went on my mortgage to keep a roof over my head and pay the bills so let's not be giving out that old **** eh! When you move out of your parents house stand on your own two feet and god forbid fall on bad times maybe some idiot can take a cheap shot at you.

As for someone who owns a computer and is paying for internet, yes my son is very accommodating god bless him! :)

Well, Bill..... I am close to you which must make me one of those local greedy gits that you take objection to so I don't think that I'll be offering to quote.

Sponsored Links
NEWS FLASH, that's what 'Trust funds' are for - for people who have hit rough times. It's not a government handout!

I was made redundant a year ago after 35 years as a Bus Driver, my savings went on my mortgage to keep a roof over my head and pay the bills

But where do Trust Funds come from?

In London they seem to be still recruiting bus drivers. A high proportion are Somali and Polish!

Well, Bill..... I am close to you which must make me one of those local greedy gits that you take objection to so I don't think that I'll be offering to quote.

Oh no, you're joking right - I mean, who else will I call for a quote..?

Joking aside I think I'll manage without your quote :)

Agile, the Trust Fund I'm using was setup by British Gas so I assume a portion of profits go towards the funding of the Trust. God knows some of us need it, price of energy etc...

At the risk of asking a dumb question, what makes you think that an installer who lives miles away would be cheaper than a local installer?

I was made redundant a year ago after 35 years as a Bus Driver, my savings went on my mortgage to keep a roof over my head and pay the bills so let's not be giving out that old s**t eh! When you move out of your parents house stand on your own two feet and god forbid fall on bad times maybe some idiot can take a cheap shot at you.

As for someone who owns a computer and is paying for internet, yes my son is very accommodating god bless him! :)

When I move out of my parents house?
You are not entitled to the details of my life but I lived on my own when I was 17 and bought my own house at 18

I just wrote loads more but deleted it Cos I can't be arsed with it.

Billpine ... you should have known better than to ask such a simple question on here.
Half of them are more holier than Jesus and think anyone who is getting a handout has never contributed to society .
Hope you get sorted

I'm in Wrexham and sometimes greedy if I can get away with it. That's the cause of my middle age spread!

Billpine ... you should have known better than to ask such a simple question on here.
Half of them are more holier than Jesus and think anyone who is getting a handout has never contributed to society .
Hope you get sorted

Ha! It's shocking to think that people assume because you're trying to get a grant that you are in some odd way a scrounger, cheat or benefits leach. I'm even more surprised that a simple post nearly descended into an argument, beats cock fighting! :eek:

At the risk of asking a dumb question, what makes you think that an installer who lives miles away would be cheaper than a local installer?

Fair point although I wasn't looking for an installer miles away. Shropshire and Chester are only at most 12 miles away, Wrexham maybe 4 miles.

After using one of the links posted by a regular here I found a few guys who all live minutes away which was good!

gasservice1985, I know what you mean. Usually I can't be asked but it does irritate me somewhat when people have an opinion about someone without knowing anything about that person or their circumstances!

[

I know what you mean. Usually I can't be asked but it does irritate me somewhat when people have an opinion about someone without knowing anything about that person or their circumstances!

Bill, it would have been better if you had explained your circumstances better at the outset and what you needed and why.

People form an opinion based on what information they see.

Many working people look down on the unemployed as scroungers even though some are genuinely going through hard times through no fault of their own.

I even expect you did that too as a bus driver when the unwashed, unshaven, confirmed non workers got on your bus at 11.30 to go and sign on!

People's viewpoints depend on where they are looking from!

[

I know what you mean. Usually I can't be asked but it does irritate me somewhat when people have an opinion about someone without knowing anything about that person or their circumstances!

Bill, it would have been better if you had explained your circumstances better at the outset and what you needed and why.

People form an opinion based on what information they see.

Many working people look down on the unemployed as scroungers even though some are genuinely going through hard times through no fault of their own.

I even expect you did that too as a bus driver when the unwashed, unshaven, confirmed non workers got on your bus at 11.30 to go and sign on!

People's viewpoints depend on where they are looking from!

Pardon me and please don't take offense but I think you're talking cobblers!

I'm not going into detail about my personal circumstances on a forum full of people I don't know.

It seems to me you are trying to justify a crass comments made earlier in the thread. The thing is it was unnecessary in the context of the post. How my boiler is to be funded etc has got sod all to do with anyone here, period! The initial question was are there any fitters in here, I didn't expect a discussion on my finances, work status or how is someone who owns a computer and is paying for Internet access able to get a grant for a free boiler? It's a pity there isn't a arsehole GIF I could use, seems to be a few about!

As for 'what you needed and why' that's plain to see in the opening thread. I was looking for a gas fitter in or around my local area to fit a boiler funded by The British Gas Energy Trust because it's winter now and I'm freezing my *******s off.. how's that, informative enough. For Christ sake, while I'm at it does anyone need my blood type or a stool sample?

As for 'I even expect you did that too as a bus driver when the unwashed, unshaven, confirmed non workers got on your bus at 11.30 to go and sign on!'

You even expect? Really, do you know me? No you don't, but I'll humor you anyway.. Unwashed and unshaven people don't offend me, there is a reason why they are like that, who am I to judge? In my eyes they were just unfortunate souls and I treated them how they treated me, 9 times out of 10 they were very pleasant people. I befriended ex coppers, an ex commercial pilot, ex doctors and surgeons all who had succumb to alcohol addiction, unlucky for me I didn't befriend a gas fitter! :LOL:

I do have to say that it does offend me when I see unwashed people begging for money outside the Pizza Express!

Thats because they will be getting their social handouts which all working people pay for!

Yet those beggars are not happy with the handouts and want still more!

Most unemployed dont go begging but a very small number do!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back