Do we have any approved boiler fitters....

Bill, let me know if you need an Intergas Platinum Installer . . . Shameless I Know :LOL:

Iddy, I'll be in touch on the PM fella!

3rd quote:

Ideal Logic+
Wireless Room Stat
Inhibitor and Magna Clean
Electric Costs:
7 T.R.V?
No cover on existing rads, condense 1 1/4 pipe

£1739 :eek:

Sponsored Links
intergas 28/24 . did a 24/18 this week, struggled to get hot water hot enough. when the incoming water main is as cold as it is, i suspect any 24 kw boiler will struggle. for the sake of a bigger gas pipe it s gotta be worth it. on this install 18 kw would murder the heating requirements.

punters need to realise its the hot water performance that needs to be bang on, not just the heating.

You need to be fitting a flow restrictor on these really. The boiler can pass more water than it can heat.

This can be good or bad depending on how you approach the matter.

i agree dan, customers dont agree, that the water should be as hot at full

tilt as at a trickle. as far as they are concerned.

the laws of physics are beyond the majority of them. ;)

Sponsored Links
Took a Response 120 out Thursday and put in a 24-18. Trying to explain that one was a real ball ache.

One bedroom flat, 1700 x 700 bath and shower.

Didn't need or want to pay for the 36kW but that didn't stop my ear being chewed.

Hey ho.... at least its another dead Ideal.

I would be very wary of fitting a combi of less power than the old one!

Once went to a flatlet with a 32 kW combi and just ONE rad! Not surprisingly the boiler was not very wonderful at providing heating!

Come to think I had exactly the same problem with this old Icon t23 on the off chance it did work properly before dying..

Heating was always pretty good but running hot water was always a ball ache in as much as the water needed to be nearly dripping out (very slow flow rate) before it was hot enough for a bath and even then it had a horrible habit of cutting out, then 1-2 minutes later firing up again. Horrible piece of junk! :evil:

Dare I ask if it's worth looking at a boiler next up from the 24/18 for improved hot water?

Quote 4:

Someone's clearly in the Christmas spirit!

Supply Main 30He combi and wireless stat.
Remove existing boiler and alter pipework, test gas supply.
Flush system and add additive and commision boiler.
Clean up and remove condemned boiler.

Christmas day guess the price. The closest member gets a half eaten mince pie

:D

Ha! Sorry Joe, no half eaten mince pie for you cocker!

Need to go higher!

Dare I ask if it's worth looking at a boiler next up from the 24/18 for improved hot water?

Boiler is £100 more with 25% increase in water performance.

Your gas supply might need upgrading too though.

Not much more money for a reasonable increase, problem is keeping to the budget. As my highest quote was £1739 I'm looking to try and get the intergas under that price quoted which probably means a 24/18.

Think I'll have to put up with the reduced hot water output just so I can have my choice of boiler rather than the crap most fitters are trying to push.

Don't confuse the performance of an old, and rubbish boiler with a working new one.

Get a bucket, and set the tap to run at 9 litres per minute.

That is what the 24 will give you. All day long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back