Do we have the right to be 'ist'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
secret ? It's glaringly obvious !
I've come to the conclusion it's folk like you who are stupid.

Can you not differentiate between a hypothetical scenario offered to assert a point/opinion and what may or may not be going on in the world?

Deary deary me ...

Sponsored Links
isI've come to the conclusion it's folk like you who are stupid.

Can you not differentiate between a hypothetical scenario offered to assert a point/opinion and what may or may not be going on in the world?

Deary deary me ...
I'm quite happy to be called stupid by somebody who can't see or understand what  is happening

No, I'm not confusing anything thanks. My topic question is do we have the right to be 'ist.' I'm not confusing this with merely having opinions on stuff. If you read my opening post, I make the clear distinction between being ist and crossing the line into inciting hatred or violence.

My position is we do have the right, and I'd hazard a guess behind closed doors (where we're not subject to public scrutiny and/or the woke brigade) many people are ist to varying degrees.
I thought I made it abundantly clear, you can think whatever you like, there are no thought police. You can even put your thoughts into words as though talking to yourself. You can even discuss you thoughts with likeminded people.
But as soon as your thoughts become deeds, or you're radicalising others, then you may have crossed the line into illegality.
So if you want to be 'ist' in your own home, that's your choice. But when/if your thoughts become actions, or you're radicalising others, even in the confines of your own home, that may have crossed the line.
For instance, you can believe in the policy of not renting rooms to Irish or blacks, if you wish. But as soon as you discriminate on the grounds of ethnicity, you've crossed the line.
Can it be any clearer?

As I've said before on here, you know diddly squat about me and what I believe, know, don't know etc.
I can only judge you on what you post in here.

Likewise you decided I am stupid for pointing out it's not a secret.

My thoughts about you are mine, not written on here. But feel free

I like to be silly when talking to the likes of you and your rainbow world s
It's apparent that your penchant for being silly isn't restricted to your discussions with me.

In reality I would have called your post mixed up gibberish.
Let me explain:
Well I don't know. If that's the way you have read it and from my conversations with foreign born residents or citizen who have lived in other country's countries and experienced racism. I suppose your right.
What is another country's countries?

It's nice to hear someone say they love this country and definitely someone who's been an immigrant in another country.
You mean a Brit' who has been an immigrant in another country, also known as an emigrant from UK?
Or perhaps you mean someone who moves from, say, France to Spain?
If it's the former, why did they emigrate?
If it's the latter, why would an Anglophile's opinion be so important?

Let's not forget there are people in this country who are full of hate. We will never eradicate this.
I thought you were suggesting that there's much less than in other countries?
I suppose we are lucky as that this doesn't happen so much here in the UK as in other countries, we have equality..

What is another country's countries?

That'll be my poor English..... I'm doing one of these iT courses . It's a government backed thing for Adults. Costing me nothing. I could also do my English & Mathes. Would get qualifications in all of these. But I think I think English would be lost on me.

You mean a Brit' who has been an immigrant in another country, also known as an emigrant from UK?
Or perhaps you mean someone who moves from, say, France to Spain?
If it's the former, why did they emigrate?
If it's the latter, why would an Anglophile's opinion be so important?

One story:

I used to give a young Pakistani girl a lift home from evening College. As a family they has recently Moved from Austria . So much friendlier here she said.
The Austrians did even try to hide their racism.

Really, from where I'm standing...........

I wasn't in that sentence, you just got there before me.

But yes we are one of the nicer places to live if you happen to have been born somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back