Do we have the right to be 'ist'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people get worked up about stuff about which they don't have a snowballs chance in hell of doing anything about.

Sponsored Links
I wasn't in that sentence, you just got there before me.

But yes we are one of the nicer places to live if you happen to have been born somewhere else.
You've resorted to gobbledygook. Sorry ,I can't keep up with your nonsense. It's like talking to a drunkard who's having his own private conversation, with an imaginary person, including imaginary responses.

You've resorted to gobbledygook. Sorry ,I can't keep up with your nonsense. It's like talking to a drunkard who's having his own private conversation, with an imaginary person, including imaginary responses.

I'll expect not to hear from you again then Pat.... take good care. .

Why do people get worked up about stuff about which they don't have a snowballs chance in hell of doing anything about.
lol there's truth in that. Mind you, the GD section of this forum would be a LOT quieter if folk didn't :)

Sponsored Links
I don't know it's origin, but it's a good quote IMO

"The right not to be offended can never be greater than the right to offend". I believe it relates to the concept of a free liberal society.

But in these enlightened times, the FB and Twitter mob are there 24/7 looking for offence, not for themselves but on behalf of others. And everyone wants to be the one who points out the offence and who's post "goes viral".

What we need is more people, more companies, more MPs, more of everyone willing to just say "Oh fack off with your offence".

I think you're confusing the right to have an opinion compared to the requirement to bey the laws of the country.
Of course anyone can be whatever they wish to be, believe in whatever they wish to believe in. But they don't have the right to allow those beliefs to interfere with the right of others to live free of crime.
So while anyone can have racist, sexist, misogynist beliefs, etc, they don't have the right to ferment hatred or violence aimed at those groups or individuals that someone believes is inferior.

Best you take that opinion to
The beach at dovor ??

I don't know it's origin, but it's a good quote IMO

"The right not to be offended can never be greater than the right to offend". I believe it relates to the concept of a free liberal society.

But in these enlightened times, the FB and Twitter mob are there 24/7 looking for offence, not for themselves but on behalf of others. And everyone wants to be the one who points out the offence and who's post "goes viral".

What we need is more people, more companies, more MPs, more of everyone willing to just say "Oh fack off with your offence".

Your 'quote' is something often said by the likes of John Cleese, Rowan Atkinson, Peter Tatchell, Ricky Gervais, and the late Christopher Hitchens, known proponents of free speech who often utter offensive comments in support of their "right to be offensive".
It suggests that people, like you, that exploit a right to offend do so intentionally.
Would you, for instance, go up to a complete stranger in the street and and say something like, "Oi!, pig-face, you stink like a dog"?
I would hope that you wouldn't, but if that is the way you are inclined, I suggest you need treatment, if it's treatable.
Most rational people would not accept your behaviour as normal nor acceptable, and would have great sympathy for your victim.
Most rational people would argue that we all deserve the right not to be insulted nor assaulted in such a way, especially if your victims were intentionally selected as vulnerable people, and they invariably are.
Do you honestly believe your racist rants are a suitable argument for the support of free speech.
If I was campaigning for capital punishment, it would not be acceptable to go round murdering people. Similarly, it is not an acceptable argument for free speech, by repeatedly offending people.
I believe you are simply exploiting the argument of free speech in the hope of excusing your racist rants.

You've still not been able to explain what you think your racist rants actually achieve.
Nor what you hope they will achieve.
Are your rants like transam's inexplicable, uncontrollable racist rants? Or is there some purpose to them?
Or are you trying to support some imaginable 'right to be offensive' by offending anonymous people from behind the anonymity and safety of a keyboard?

Last edited:
Best you take that opinion to
The beach at dovor ??
I was referring to the law of the land in UK.
You do understand that Dover is in the UK?
That means it's run by the British. You do understand that, I assume?
Best you think about that instead of charging into an uncontrollable, inexplicable racist rant.

A lot of these problems originate in the world of work and employment. Companies are so afraid of legal action; they employ people to ensure there is "compliance" with every stupid new rule. The fightback, if any, must come from companies.

A lot of these problems originate in the world of work and employment. Companies are so afraid of legal action; they employ people to ensure there is "compliance" with every stupid new rule. The fightback, if any, must come from companies.
We have learnt from you, which rules you would consider 'stupid', For example, the rule not to shoot refugees on sight, you consider stupid.
The rule not to riot in the pursuit of civil unrest, you would consider stupid. etc.

Last edited:
We have learnt form you, which rules you would consider 'stupid', For example, the rule not to shoot refugees on sight, you consider stupid.
The rule not to riot in the pursuit of civil unrest, you would consider stupid. etc.
3/10. Type more slowly in future.

3/10. Type more slowly in future.
Instead of presenting an argument in support of your proposals, you resort to silly childish comments?
Is that an admittance that your proposals were worthless and so ridiculous to be no longer worthy of consideration?

SmartSelect_20220829-085052_Chrome.jpg

Can you PM me the euro lottery numbers for tomorrow? Thanks.

I was referring to the law of the land in UK.
You do understand that Dover is in the UK?
That means it's run by the British. You do understand that, I assume?
Best you think about that instead of charging into an uncontrollable, inexplicable racist rant.

What racist rant

Merely said that you could take your opinions about sexism ect ect

And tell those arriving on the beach at Dovor
;)

What racist rant
Here's just a few of them, there's far more.

The french are fast tracking them to Calais so as to be rid of em

Concerns about crime rate going up

Shop lifting / burglary ect

Plus carpet theft could be on the increase in the Calais area ??

Blame the french scoundrels for assisting said Albanians

Agreed the french are glad to see the back of em

Hence why they turn a blind eye

And probably actively assist in the caper

The scoundrels

Best advised not to leave any valuables about ?

Roll up yer carpets and put em in storage ?

Any thing that moves screw or bolt it down ?

Warn yer neighbours :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes it’s obvious the French are assisting the boat crossings ;)

And we’re up to there eyeballs in that attempt at stopping covid vaccines coming to the UK when it all kicked off

Granted they hid behind the EU but it was a French caper

And now it’s dumping there migrants onto the UK

Scoundrels

Fact is the french are not interested they just want rid of em hence why they are turning a blind eye and assisting criminal gangs and migrants

You still haven't offered an explanation for those rants. Nor have you told us what it is you hope to achieve by them, nor what you think they might actually achieve.
Without an explanation, there's only one conclusion, they're uncontrollable, inexplicable, impulsive outbursts.

And please don't insult anyone's intelligence with your ridiculous question:
Are the french a race ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back