Do you believe in Ghosts?

• Thread starter Caoineadhcuchulainn515
  • Start date
Years ago, I was lying in bed with my first wife, one Saturday morning. I swear the bedroom door opened and I heard little footsteps run across it (like a child). I swear I nearly s**t myself. Quite a bit later, the wife was telling me that the last couple who lived in our house had a 7 yr old son who'd drowned in a local lake and it was probably his spirit, revisiting the house. Crikey. I hardly slept for weeks afterwards. One morning I heard my daughter happily gurgling and laughing in her cot. She had one of those chime balls which make a noise when moved. I know it was on the floor of her bedroom, yet distinctly heard it move several times. I crept to the door quietly and opened it. There was the chime ball rocking back and forth as though just placed there and my daughter lying in her cot looking at it and laughing.
Eerie and a bit spooky ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Do you believe in ghosts or poltergeists ? UFO's ? OOBE ?. Ever seen a ghost or a UFO or experienced poltergeist activity ?.

What is OOBE??

Like someone said , out of body experience. I can't help but wonder about cases of OOBE's where for example , people having an operation can describe exactly what procedures has taken place and even of conversations between theatre staff. This cannot be attributed to some kind of delusion or false recollection due to the medication used during operations , so that only realisticaly leaves one option , and that is the person actualy does leave the body. How else could you possibly describe what was said , who said it and to whom , and describe exactly what was being done to their body ?. There will always be differing opinions with no outright winner at the end and I suppose that can only be a good thing.
Or the brain in some people (perhaps all?), even when the other senses are switched off by aesthetic, remains in some form of receptive state allowing conversations etc to be 'heard'?

Heard maybe , but that is a lot different to actualy describe what is happening. One famous true incident that makes you scratch your head is the woman , who during her operation , described the songs the surgeon was listening to and then told the doctors when she recovered from the anesthetic , that some one had left a training shoe in a gutter outside the theatre !! One of the doctors had a look and there it was !. There was absolutely no way she could have seen it or even known about it. Makes you think!

ghost7.gif

Has anyone seen a ghost of an animal? Namely... a maggot / worm used for fishing, a pet that met their demise, or a cow / lamb / goose / chicken or pig that you enjoyed for your roast dinner?

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
I got a bit hooked on the whole mexican ufo thing in the 80's(?).. bought quite a few VHS tapes with clips on... and of course the Roswell thing.... and then crop circles...

These days, i'm not convinced by much at all.... too many hoaxers out there, and the likes of Uri Geller...

And i suspect a few 'sightings' were US experiments.

The usual argumant is about how many stars there are out there, and therefore how many planets there must be. But there is the goldilocks principle (where conditions needs to be just right, not too hot or not too cold) which narrows it down a bit. But what i think quite a few people miss is the fact of time... Earth is approx 4.5 billion year old... and if you equate that to a year, man would not appear until Dec. 31, at 8:30 in the evening!

And of man's 300,000 years the industrial revolution only started 200 years ago !!

So if there is other life out there... we only need to be 1000years out of sync (a tiny amount) and they'll be wielding bow and arrows, and thinking our Sun is part of a constellation called the Great Frog !!

Or so vastly superior that they don't want or need us !! (especially if their first contact is via the internet !! ;) )

The only thing i do perhaps wonder about is time travel... whether UFO's are still from Earth, but actually from the future... or more broadly, if other planets life forms have mastered time travel !!

It may not be as narrow as we thought, it looks like there are a LOT more planets in the Goldilocks zone than we thought. Taken from Space.com...

Of the 1,235 possible planets Kepler has observed so far, 54 appear to be at a Goldilocks-like "just right" distance from their stars where temperatures would be right for liquid water. This region is called the habitable zone, because for a planet to be habitable to alien life, it would probably require water.

Extrapolating to the Milky Way as a whole, the researchers predict that at least 500 million of the galaxy's probable 50 billion planets reside in the habitable zone. That certainly offers a hopeful sign for the existence of life beyond Earth.

Kepler has also identified 68 Earth-size planet candidates in its data set. Scientists think rocky planets like Earth are also the best bets for hosting alien life.

http://www.space.com/10982-kepler-alien-planets-billion-galaxy.html

I saw the ghost of Gloria Gaynor once - first I was afraid, then I was petrified ...................

I'll get me coat :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Not a ghost story as such just a weird thing that happened.

I was staying in the van at a layby between Braemore junction and dundonnel in the north west highlands. During the night there was a glow of light (Not direct) coming from the out of sight loch to the west. |I could hear distant music and muffled voices like a party was going on. I thought there was nothing out there for miles but looking at the map there was a building shown at the loch below a track I was parked at.
It had me thinking of moving rather than be disturbed later but I didnt bother and fell asleep.
I awoke early next morning about 7am and decided to walk down the track a little to see the place on the map. I ended up walking all the way down as there was only ruins and no sign of anyone even camping the night before or anyone out on the loch.

Not a ghost sighting but something thats made me wonder what for over ten years. :D

I was standing on the platform at James St underground one morning on my way to work. Out of the corner of my eye I 'thought' I could see someone standing on the disused platform opposite. When I turned there was no-one there. Each time I thought I could see someone it would disappear as soon as I started to turn. Eventually I let my eyes turn a fraction without moving my head and saw a man in a long grey trenchcoat wearing a grey cap with a black polished peak. By his right hip was a knapsack with the leather strap running up and across his left shoulder. As I turned to get a closer look he had disappeared again. That night I emailed a local historian/ghost researcher called Tom Slemen who has written a number of books about ghosts in Liverpool. He had not heard of this particular 'ghost' at the station but surmised it was probably an American Confederate soldier from the civil war in the 1860's Apparently Cammell Laird, a local ship building company, built a number of vessels for the Confederates so there were a number of personnel over here at that time. Now you could pass this off as coincidence, however, I have never known that station to be empty of people at any time of day or night and yet that morning I was the only one on that platform for about 5 minutes.
Whoever he was I hope he eventually found/finds peace and is able to move on.

Yes, I believe in ghosts.

Sponsored Links
Back