Do You Know Of An Older Gas Boiler Than This Still In Use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted a new tap for an old dear the other day. In her kitchen she has a Vaillant water heater that was fitted in 1970. It's an open flued job, which still works perfectly.

Are there any gas boilers out there even older, or is this a record? Surely some tight-wad is still running an Ascot?

Sponsored Links
I have seen ( removed ) a 1954 boiler!

I am still using a 1970 Ascot CH501 in a launderette to heat the water!

Tony

There's quite a few 1970s back boilers and warm airs round my way. Oldest I've seen was a stelrad floor standing boiler circa. 1963. Had a circular burner and 3 pronged pilot.

I know a team that won the World Cup in 1966, however, they'll never win it again.

C'mon the Yanks!!!!

Sponsored Links
But you would need more room above the window.

What sort of person only tiles part of the ceiling though??

My mates dad has an old vulcan which I fitted a new thermocouple to a few years ago. Got to be about 45 years old.

A few months ago I was at a Halcyon Sugg warm air unit. Fitted in 1960 when the place was built. Cast ring burner on it.And a massive mechanical clock, like the old sangamo type with the perspex cover, so you could see all the cogs. They dont make em like that now. Thank god!

It is in a bathroom, in a hotel in Cairo! Connected to a big old gas bottle, horrendous flame picture, no ventilation unless the window was open.(I opened it and held my breath in the shower!)

Funnily enough, the name plate on the side said it was manufactured in North Circular Road NW10, not far from where I live!

It's good advice that when visiting countries with suspect gas fitting regs that people should pack along with the sun creams a CO detector.

No signs of Spillage though!! :LOL:
Great picture took me back to my apprentice days, I lost my eyebrows on one of those in 1973!! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back