Does anyone get paid?

Mike2007 said:
There are very regular faces on this site with zillions of posts, surely they can't be driving a van and grafting during the day to get all these posts in?
Ive retired very very early :D :D ;)
Also, do you get paid for all this question answering...does the wife not also want to use the PC for shopping(mine does)...kids playing games on it???
We have more than one laptop & pc :D
Have you actually met each other and drank barrels of beer and made jokes about this website?
:?: :?: :?:
Not yet ;)

Sponsored Links
you get out what you put in. Ive been helped out with advice on more than several occasions by people on this site, and im always picking up new ideas. It only seems right to give something back.

i seriously do wonder about some peoiple though (especially crafty at his age stuck in front of the computer when his mum thinks he has gone to bed, and with school the next day as well!)

tim west said:
Not the money or the power? then is it ambition? to eventually become mod 1? ;)

Nice idea, but I am mod 1 :LOL:

You have to remember this really is a forum.

A forum is for people to discuss issues and exchange opinions; the fact that it is on the Internet does mean that there are some different rules.
If it were an actual forum you could jeer / shout etc at who ever is speaking if you really do not like them, or wait until it is your turn to give your views, or even do as most sensible people do, get up and walk out.

But as this is on the Internet it has us (moderators) we have to step in and lock, delete, move posts as and when required, which we do. If we were not hear you would also have posts being posted in the wrong forums, (we do do the nice things too)

We have to have a balanced view on things, I personally would like to change a lot of things about this forum, (delete inactive memberships, automatically lock all posts by oilman (only kidding oilman) But we do not do this as we have to give a balanced view, and also we have to answer to Admin

If you do not like a particular subject / topic no one is forcing you to read it unlike a verbal forum where you have to listen, and don’t forget, you still have the option to leave if you so wish..

Remember there are always two sides to every story, not just yours.

Sponsored Links
Lynda_moderator said:
We have to have a balanced view on things, I personally would like to change a lot of things about this forum, (delete inactive memberships, automatically lock all posts by oilman (only kidding oilman) But we do not do this as we have to give a balanced view, and also we have to answer to Admin

And people tell me not to be paranoid :rolleyes:

She fancies you oilman it's obvious ;) oops another post about to be locked :)

Wow, COLOURFUL response to a simple question!
Thanks to all the replies. :)

Moderator1 said:
If that is what you think, you think it. Perhaps you could apply to become a mod then you will see for yourself what it is really like. You have to / should check posts delete any advertising etc it soon becomes a chore, when we have enough mods to cover the work, I am off. Power, my ****

How many mods is enough? When it gets to 123 give me a shout lol.

Ooooh, the thought of a delete button!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back