Does she have a point?

Sponsored Links
Yep she has a point.

It's an awful way of looking at it, but it is nature.

In the past we have had wars to keep the human population at bay, (except for the plague), but in recent times with mostly world peace we have become rodents of the planet, multiplying at an accelerated rate. I believe covid-19 is likely nature trying to take back some form of control. I have taken the stance of what will be will be, my only hope is that I hope my young son does not catch it.

NOTE: I understand my comment may offend some folks, however I am entitled to my opinion.

She does have a point, but Id rather not think about it as my FIL currently in hospital, with final stage Lewy body / Parkinsons

And I have a very frail 91 year Father......

She does have a point, but Id rather not think about it as my FIL currently in hospital, with final stage Lewy body / Parkinsons

And I have a very frail 91 year Father......

You have my sympathy, and compassion.

However, we are not immortal. Death is inevitable.
The comments are pragmatic, rather than cruel.
Depends on how you define the right point at which "one's time has come".

Sponsored Links
These sorts of things have happened In the past

Tis all. Baloney Imo

Millions die from. Turbculoces

People still. Get leprosy ffs

Malnutrition / starvation kills millions

People need to keep this current caper I to perspective ffs

Jeez us they never even shut parliament In WW2

The country is on the verge of collapse

Sponsored Links
I've always said nature will sort it out in the end.
chinese should be the first to go.

Yep she has a point.

In the past we have had wars to keep the human population at bay, (except for the plague), but in recent times with mostly world peace we have become rodents of the planet, multiplying at an accelerated rate. I believe covid-19 is likely nature trying to take back some form of control. I have taken the stance of what will be, my only hope is that I hope my young son does not catch it.

NOTE: I understand my comment may offend some folks, however I am entitled to my opinion.
Whilst i fully accept your right to free speech and it should fully be upheld that doesn't absolve you from being a caring human being where basic social skills that to help build a socially cohesive society are a good idea
being offensive just because you can shows a lack off maturity in a social situation
Does this make you a bad or good person ???
Well no just someone that chooses to not fit in in a normal "placid" society but choose to be controversial through to possibly offensive to some as is your right :D(y)(y)

The point is we have about half the number of hospital beds per head of population than other EU countries like Germany, France.

Ontop our adult care system is chronically underfunded.

Bed blocking in the nhs happens because of issues elsewhere in the system.

Letting people die will not resolve those issues.

Death cult.

Yep she has a point.

In the past we have had wars to keep the human population at bay, (except for the plague), but in recent times with mostly world peace we have become rodents of the planet, multiplying at an accelerated rate. I believe covid-19 is likely nature trying to take back some form of control. I have taken the stance of what will be will be, my only hope is that I hope my young son does not catch it.

If you want those people to die, then what if someone turns around and says, well thats my loved one you are talking about, I hope your young son dies.

Not so nice is it.

Death indeed is part of the circle, but I don't think that the solution for 'bed blockers' is to kill em off, even if the virus does end up being that. They simply shouldn't be blocking beds in the first place. There's a severe lack of social care for the elderly due to so many cutbacks as well as a large aging population, which is why they're stuck in hospital in the first place.

Just back from giving my father a, hopefully good, send off. I find the nurses comments to be cold, esp at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very similar to the Remoaners hoping for another vote in the hope enough Brexit voters are now 6 feet under...

My mother is not in good health so I worry about her... She's not a bed hogger but still as valnersble as the rest.

The people who think about epidemics have been concerned for some time now. They crop up now and again and there has been a view that we are overdue one. Thoughts essentially a virus mutates or is lurking somewhere waiting for us to find it. Flue has caused a lot of deaths at times due to the variety but comments about the usual ones now and death can IMHO be misleading. It's a pretty common way for the elderly to eventually die which probably increases the numbers that are being quoted at the moment. My mother and one of my grandmothers died this way. It's not unusual. Immune system deteriorates and can no longer cope with it.

If you want those people to die, then what if someone turns around and says, well thats my loved one you are talking about, I hope your young son dies.

Not so nice is it.

I said I see her point, and I'm not sure if you read the whole article but she did go on to say she made the "headline comment" comment in an ironic way. She was arguing in parliament that this shouldn't be the way to look at it. The media have twisted what she said and meant for their own gain which is most unusual for such a thing to happen in journalism.

But it's ok, I don't mind being the ar 5e hole

The people who think about epidemics have been concerned for some time now. They crop up now and again and there has been a view that we are overdue one. Thoughts essentially a virus mutates or is lurking somewhere waiting for us to find it. Flue has caused a lot of deaths at times due to the variety but comments about the usual ones now and death can IMHO be misleading. It's a pretty common way for the elderly to eventually die which probably increases the numbers that are being quoted at the moment. My mother and one of my grandmothers died this way. It's not unusual. Immune system deteriorates and can no longer cope with it.

The Spanish flu the biggest Pandemic was unusal in that the fit and healthy were the main victims, the very young and old survived it.
You could have a fit healthy man in the morning and he'd be dead at teatime. The fast acting metabolism of fit people killed them by trying to beat the infection quickly and their lungs filled with fluid and they died. If this virus mutates it could quickly become very deadly. We haven't really had a bad a pandemic such as the Spanish flu since ......maybe another is on the way.

The point is we have about half the number of hospital beds per head of population than other EU countries like Germany, France

Thats what you call equality under the eu system.:ROFLMAO:
And they keep pushing the foreigners our way to make it even worse.
The eu is a failure. Always was and always will be. The real bed blockers are germany and france.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back