Does she have a point?

I've always said nature will sort it out in the end.
chinese should be the first to go.
I'm thinking China might be the only country with the discipline, joint effort and unrivalled team work to get on top of this virus, it's going to run wild fire through europe and all the bog rolls in the world will make no feking difference.

Sponsored Links
Thats what you call equality under the eu system.:ROFLMAO:
And they keep pushing the foreigners our way to make it even worse.
The eu is a failure. Always was and always will be. The real bed blockers are germany and france.

You absolute ****. We set our own NHS budget. The EU countries France and Germany spend more on healthcare than we do.

There is something seriously wrong with you.

I'm thinking China might be the only country with the discipline, joint effort and unrivalled team work to get on top of this virus, it's going to run wild fire through europe and all the bog rolls in the world will make no feking difference.

Oh no central planning. We don't need that, each person should be free to make their own decision.

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women..."

Thats what you call equality under the eu system.:ROFLMAO:
And they keep pushing the foreigners our way to make it even worse.
The eu is a failure. Always was and always will be. The real bed blockers are germany and france.

I enjoy your posts, its interesting to see the psychology of somebody brainwashed.

Its like going to one of those comedy hypnotist shows.

Sponsored Links
Look at the US. 704 cases and 27 deaths. In the US people are still put off by going for a test because of the cost. I believe one state senator has said they will make the test free. The US has a relatively high number of deaths for a few cases but that's only because its not testing enough. In comparison France has had 1400 cases and 30 deaths.

Trump deflect and denial tactics are making people in the US disregard the threat and with Spring Break around the corner, it's likely to spread far in the US.

Not sure what point you are trying to make.

We don't need that, each person should be free to make their own decision.

IMHO, the chinese government should now act to stop these markets.
Really, after SARS, they should have been banned then.

Oh look, they did.

(Well, only a bit).

Like buses, there'll be another one along........

Look at the US. 704 cases and 27 deaths. In the US people are still put off by going for a test because of the cost. I believe one state senator has said they will make the test free. The US has a relatively high number of deaths for a few cases but that's only because its not testing enough. In comparison France has had 1400 cases and 30 deaths.

Trump deflect and denial tactics are making people in the US disregard the threat and with Spring Break around the corner, it's likely to spread far in the US.

Did you see Trump has investments in companies making the tests, he stands to make money out of it.

Yep she has a point.

It's an awful way of looking at it, but it is nature.

In the past we have had wars to keep the human population at bay, (except for the plague), but in recent times with mostly world peace we have become rodents of the planet, multiplying at an accelerated rate. I believe covid-19 is likely nature trying to take back some form of control. I have taken the stance of what will be will be, my only hope is that I hope my young son does not catch it.

NOTE: I understand my comment may offend some folks, however I am entitled to my opinion.
If you're going to say something that you think could be controversial, at least try to get your facts right. We are not "multiplying at an accelerated rate", in fact some countries are seeing a decline in population. World population as a whole will level out in our life time.

You are not entitled to your own facts.

If you're going to say something that you think could be controversial, at least try to get your facts right. We are not "multiplying at an accelerated rate", in fact some countries are seeing a decline in population. World population as a whole will level out in our life time.

I must admit, that isnt something I had realised until youve mentioned it a few times in regard to green energy and carbon reduction.

it is scary that global population has increased from 2.5b to 7.5b in about 80 years -I had tended to think the rate would continue

Firstly I think the article linked to is pointlessly controversial and adds nothing helpful in what is turning into a desperate situation, however just to respond to your 'facts'

True in that population growth is no longer accelerating, but it is still growing at 225,000 every single day. (82 million per year, think of a country the size of Iran or Germany). deaths so far from CoronaV represent about 20 minutes of population expansion. It won't be wiping us out as a species. The greatest threat to humans still remains with climate change.

And best estimates for our population levelling off is 2100 - 2150 at 11-12 billion. So not in our lifetime.

Plus, at current levels of consumption / emissions / degradation, the 7 billion already here are killing the planet as we know it.
How the planet will fare with 12 billion on it, heaven only knows....

Firstly I think the article linked to is pointlessly controversial and adds nothing helpful in what is turning into a desperate situation, however just to respond to your 'facts'

True in that population growth is no longer accelerating, but it is still growing at 225,000 every single day. (82 million per year, think of a country the size of Iran or Germany). deaths so far from CoronaV represent about 20 minutes of population expansion. It won't be wiping us out as a species. The greatest threat to humans still remains with climate change.

And best estimates for our population levelling off is 2100 - 2150 at 11-12 billion. So not in our lifetime.
Sorry, I was in a rush. Meant to say 2100. And there's not much we will be bale to do about that, as we already have programs in place for family planning. People are living longer as well, which also has an impact.
Here's a link I have put up before on population:
https://www.gapminder.org/videos/dont-panic-the-facts-about-population/

But that 225000 is not a lot, given where they are. Developed nations largely have populations, and this is where the global warming impact is. A family of three in the US has a far greater carbon footprint than a family of 8 in Chad.

I agree that climate change is a far greater threat.

Sponsored Links
Back