Doing my own electrics for another year

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been to the car booty and got my self another roll of 1.5mm twin and earth, with black and red colors. So thats my DIY electrics sorted for the next year or so. Stick your Part P up your A * * E.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't bother paying your house insurance either as it probably is a waste of money now. ;)

All electrical things have had a special coating that shows up under electrophenilelight...and the part PPolice will be checking all houses sold after April 1st. next year.By order of 2 jagz.Anyone found to have tampered will be connected to the mains by a squad of ex-US marines, who are to be given community service over here as part of the Special Relationship

Sponsored Links
could cost a lot of money and hassle if you want to sell you're house in the future.

Nige F said:
All electrical things have had a special coating that shows up under electrophenilelight...and the part PPolice will be checking all houses sold after April 1st. next year.By order of 2 jagz.Anyone found to have tampered will be connected to the mains by a squad of ex-US marines, who are to be given community service over here as part of the Special Relationship

Is this really true about electrical things having a special coating? first Ive heard of it!

CAWORK said:
Nige F said:

Is this really true about electrical things having a special coating? first Ive heard of it!

methinks you are having your chain pulled ;)

Of course, those of us who inhabit the electrical forum are well aware that the new colours were in use a full 9 months before part poo came into force ;)

CAWORK said:
Nige F said:

And the last FFS.
Bit of a bu##er in a fire, the last time I saw copper conductors after a fire, they were bare, all the insulation had been burned away, BTW it was not even an electrical fire just a nearby 'basket of firewood', of course there was a serial number running through the copper - like Weston-S-M (inedible) rock. ;)

allgoom said:
Just been to the car booty and got my self another roll of 1.5mm twin and earth, with black and red colors. So thats my DIY electrics sorted for the next year or so. Stick your Part P up your A * * E.

In a similar vein I decided to do all my own joinery this year so I went and bought some mdf, 2" x 2" and a bag of nails. I also bought some screws but they won't fit my screwdriver because they have little crosses in the end instead of slots. I think it's because its nearly easter, which is a really nice thought of the manufacturers.

allgoom said:

I don't quite get who this is aimed at, you may be better off sending a letter by recorded delivery directly to the odpm ;)
As far as part p is concerned here, I think most will tell you how to carry out work safely and tell you if it is legally a notifiable task. The decision of wether or not you follow the advice and notify is entirely your own decision.

rhonddaspark said:
US Marines................well at least we'll be safe then.
:LOL: And they have the experience of wiring "things" up.....in prisons :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back