Donald Trump, perhaps he's not daft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read once that he's not happy with high Tarrifs the US get charged by others.

If we have no Tarriffs then hey go here we go
I was referring to such agreements as the Paris Accord, the Iranian Nuclear agreement, etc.
What is the point of forming an agreement with US, when it has demonstrated on several occasions that it will unilaterally tear up that agreement at some point in the future?

Sponsored Links
Does Trump actually want steel and aluminium tariffs, or is he just using it to help his domestic agenda, such tariffs will be popular with the rust belt

Does Trump actually want steel and aluminium tariffs, or is he just using it to help his domestic agenda, such tariffs will be popular with the rust belt
You mean he is doing something that he does not want to do in order to progress his domestic popularity?
Is that a sensible way of governing?
How or why would anyone vote for such a politician?

Sponsored Links
Does The EU actually want come to an agreement with the UK or is they just using it to help their domestic agenda, such as tariffs will be popular with the rust belt

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/donald-trump-perhaps-hes-not-daft.503674/page-4#ixzz5HMDHCgqo
I fear we are going round in circles. Your comment is based on your previous (discredited) opinion:
But the EU know this is the main tool in their box to halt Brexit.

Is that accurate or true?
Or just your opinion?

What about the finance coming back to UK, the 'divorce bill', the cooperation on security, space exploration, medicine, employment, environment, employment protection, commerce and industry cooperation, border control, GFA, etc, etc.
I am sure there are many, many more issues more important than tariffs.
The current sticking points have nothing to do with tariffs, and these have not been discussed or negotiated yet.
We cannot yet reach a situation to inform the EU what we want from the forthcoming negotiations.

Me & my Mum

So let's do away with Tarrifs

There is a bigger issue of regulations which are more important.

You can remove tariffs on chlorinated chicken but if it doesnt meet regulations then discussing tariffs is moot.

It's dangerous having such a simplest Trumpesque knowledge of trade. It would be like me telling you how to do your job as a plumber.

There is a bigger issue of regulations which are more important.

You can remove tariffs on chlorinated chicken but if it doesnt meet regulations then discussing tariffs is moot.

It's dangerous having such a simplest Trumpesque knowledge of trade. It would be like me telling you how to do your job as a plumber.
All I want is us to get on and live happily ever after

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back