Door Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some advice....

Have 2 built in wardrobes in my house and in one room the previous owner replaced them with some real mank looking handmade ones that are falling apart.

In the first bedroom the original doors are still present and I have glossed them over (they are flat panels) and fitted new hinges and quality handles giving them a modern look (IMO!). I wish to replace the other doors but unsure where to get them from or what to build them from.

There are four doors 2 are 575 x 595 x 18 and the other 2 are 575 x 1625 x 18. Have seen a sheet of 18mm MDF board that would be ample for all four doors but would it be durable enough?

Any advice or suggestions would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
yep perfect
use mdf primer use 3 hinges minimum on the 1.6m

if you select your own board make shure its dead flat as shed supplied boards are often wrongly stored causing bowing

yep perfect
use mdf primer use 3 hinges minimum on the 1.6m

if you select your own board make shure its dead flat as shed supplied boards are often wrongly stored causing bowing

Pucker!

Homebase offer a cutting service as well so can get them cut to shape. Will bear in mind about the flatness of the sheet when I get them.

Homebase are most expensive for mdf, b and q a little cheaper, timber merchants cheaper still.

Sponsored Links
Homebase are most expensive for mdf, b and q a little cheaper, timber merchants cheaper still.

if you choose your local timber merchant make shure they will cut mdf as some wont/cant as they dont have the correct dust extraction

This is the problem.

My local B&Q cant cut it for me. Homebase are the only place I know of in Basingstoke who will be able to cut it for me.

TBH not worried about paying a few quid more, just want to get the doors sorted so I can finish the bedroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back