Double D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Consumer units that is, not bra sizes.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get fittings such as MCB's that will fit in the old double D consumer units, if so where.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Do you mean Square D?

If so, which model is it?

There are at least two Square D ranges which are no longer current.

Was hoping this would be about Double Diamond, but then I realised it was the Electrics forum. :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
I just did an image search for Double D to check if it's a brand I've not heard of.

Crikey :eek: :eek:

:LOL:

Taking it that the OP is talking of Square D qoe range they are still available, you should be able to get them from most wholesalers or have a look on ebay.

They look like the Domae range, Qoe are the old ones which are shorter and have the two prongs which clip to the busbar. KQ and SQO are the ranges which also clip to the busbars but are similar in size to the domae range (KQ are 10k, SQO are 6k iirc)

Thats a Square D domae which is one of the current ranges.

The OP wants MCBs for an old CU.

We need to know which model (s)he has.

<edit> pah!

I've just checked, my hands are D-cup sized so double D would be too big.

It's an old CU circa 1988 or 1989. Nothings written on the outside except the manufactureres name

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back