double insulated shaver socket with light strip

The Kitty Hydrofloss is double-insulated. (See the 2-square symbol on the underside of the unit). Whether your shaver socket is or is not isn't your problem.... The real issue will be if your shaver socket (SS) can deliver sufficient power. (Older ones can, newer one's can't... they have a thermal cutout built into them I believe.)

i.e. If your striplight + SS can power it without cutting out then I would get on & use it.

e.g. 2 SS's in my house can run it (they are 10+ years old) 2 SS's cut-out if I run the Hydrofloss off them (they are much newer).

Personally, if I didn't have a Shaver socket capable of running the Hydrofloss I would use a 2-pin adapter plugged into a socket somewhere convenient (eg the kitchen) & use it there. I really cannot see what issue there is in using just such a converter. - If there IS a reason I would be genuinely grateful to be told what it is!!.

p.s. I wouldn't recommend running an extension into the bathroom, although I have done just that on a temporary basis for the 2 minutes the gadget is in use, using a deal of care to not spray water near it.)

I hope that helps, a bit.

Sponsored Links
If you hold down the shift key when caps lock is on you will get the little letters.

lIKE tHIS but in reverse.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back