Double Pole 100a Henley Block for my hi-fi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a good laugh, go on then

Ok, the direction of the hifi glass appliance fuse makes a sonic difference, place a damp cloth over your kitchen taps while listening, bypassing hifi mains switches, placing a house brick upon your CD player.

I imagine you get the picture. (I like the damp cloth)!

Sponsored Links
I find plating my earlobes with 18 carat gold makes a world of difference.

As I'm very deaf, do you think upping the quality of precious metal will make the sound even better?

out of intrest, what speekers and amps are you using? What speaker cable you using?

And for you all that think he is mad! I was working at a big place where the guy had the manufactores installing the stereo (cant remember the make) but they had the sparky running i think 6 lots of 10mm cable to power each part of the stereo. I got speaking to them and each speaker was costing 25k :eek: the amps set him back 100k and the speaker cable on its own came in at a shocking 50k which ran to every room in the house!

It was finally finished and i asked for a demo off the guy, was expecting to have to be belted into a seat to stop myself being blown across the room LOL.

Anyway he fired it up and told me i had to wait 15 minutes for it to warm up :cool: After 15 mins he called me into the main room and told me to sit down, he put an old record on (didn't know you could get them anymore) he turned it up a little and said what do you think??? (i had my portable stereo on louder for the last week) Confused i said how come you play it so quiet and he replied " its not built to be loud"

I must say tho that the sound was unreal, never heard anything so clear and precise in my life.

The bit that peed me off tho was that i worked my ****** off getting the place ready in time, working to gone 9pm most nights and for a whole week, He never even give me tip for my extra work, but can spend 50k on cable without thinking about it! :evil:

The bit that peed me off tho was that i worked my **** off getting the place ready in time, working to gone 9pm most nights and for a whole week, He never even give me tip for my extra work, but can spend 50k on cable without thinking about it! :evil:

The cables are for life, the sparky is only a brief encounter.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for raising this one from the dead, but...

As I read it, the OP didn't seem to have any fusing or circuit breakers planned other than the 40A MCB.
So 40A MCB, feeding a suitable cable. Fine so far, but now audiophile practice takes over: The 40A supply feeds home made 6mm T&E and water hose based flex into HiFi gear that probably only eats a few hundred watts, if running valves. Those DIY flex cables aren't going to be happy with a fault that doesn't quite trip the MCB. 40A 'protected' hifi gear is best left in a fireproof area.

I suspect that fuses are bad for audio quality due to <mumbo jumbo, total nonsense>

Snake oil fueled house fire, anyone?

It's a 6-year old scheme - the OP will either have done it by now or has changed his mind.

I reaIise that. I was thinking more of others copying the overkill supply and no fuses idea. Audiophiles aren't exactly renowned for their common sense. I thought it warranted an extra post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back