Downloading Musak...

In the process of doing this right now!!

Call centre queues, eh???

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
In the process of doing this right now!!

Call centre queues, eh???

Have just spoken to bank:

LESSON TO EVERYONE:

IF YOU SHOP ON-LINE, USE A CREDIT CARD!!

The bank have told me that Debit card transactions have no protection against fraudulent use.

The company has debited an amount that does not tally with the amount they promised to debit, and they can continue to do so, even beyond my overdraft limit. the bank will continue to honour the "payments" they ask for, and will clock it up as un-authorised overdraft.

SIGH...

I was aware that debit cards have very little protection, but the bank should stop honouring future payments if you tell them to, I'd have thought!, if all else fails then claim the card is stolen and get it cancelled, you'll still be liable for whats already been taken, but that should stop them taking anymore. Request your money back from the music company under the distance selling act... if they don't want to comply then photocopies of court papers filled out ready to be filed landing on their doormat tend to cause people to spring into action

as always, IANYL

International Customers
Billing or Tech Support, call local: 514-448-0103

wtf???? local???? that doesnt look like a local number to me? 0845? 01302? nope, neither match.

Simon, sorry, but you been dun gud n proper. A lot about that site doesn't seem right to me. For a start, it claims to be a peer-to-peer network, similar to Napster, so how do they think such a network would be legal with people sharing copyrighted songs and games? AND they "apparently" charge £17 for the privilege of signing up :eek: !!!!!! What a load of rubbish.

© 2006 iMusicNow.com All Rights Reserved.

There are currently millions of users downloading and trading files legally on file-sharing networks. You can, for example, legally download music from over 850 bands and over 20,000 live concerts but also have access to multiple software titles and games.

File sharing has enabled music fans from around the world to build the largest library of recorded music in history. File sharing is not illegal as long as you obey and comply with all relevant copyright laws. Sharing copyrighted material without the permission to do so is illegal.

You will find detailed instructions on how to stay legal within the member's area. The purchase of a membership, however, is not a license to upload or download copyrighted material. We urge you to respect copyright and share responsibly. Click here for more info.

This site is owned and operated by Euclid Networks inc, Basseterre, St-Kitts.
850 bands? that many? wonder if Queen is one of them? Girls Aloud? hmmm . . thought not.

The music you WANT IS copyrighted, and therefore illegal to share on a network such as this, IF the network does actually exist.

THIS may also be of great interest.

Sponsored Links
This'll make you feel less alone ...
Searched the following page
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff113444.htm
for the 'international' number given at iMusicNow.com Billing or Tech Support, call local: 514-448-0103... found it near page bottom.

Ooooer !! "Money for nothing" No chicks for free tho, I bet!!
http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,1715254,00.html

Perhaps the nub ..
iMusicNow said:
I thought the software was free. Why am I being asked to pay?
The software is free. You are paying for the online help and support and the online tutorials for the lifetime of the membership.
A tear rather than a rip ....
:eek:

Have been to my bank. They have cancelled the card, and will reissue.

I have filled in a fraud investigation form, which they will pass on to Visa.

Meanwhile, the police refuse to give a CRN, as they cannot see a fraud has taken place.

"Hmmm, the website looks kosher with contact details available......." said the officer I spoke to. FFS!

Thanks for all your help, in particular Pip. I have passed that web address on to the bank.

securespark
I have contacted Phantoms bbs an Biatech bbs an given details on this fraud site an a link here to this thread ,I would like see the poostorm going to hit them ...lol ;)

Cheers, Moz, but I am blissfully unaware of what Phantoms & Biatech do.... :rolleyes:

securespark
its the best 2 greyhat hakkor boards going , they right the wrongs an get a bit blackhat with it ,
I learnt a lot there an have much respect/kudos for the guys an gals there ..

from the headers ...
"Guardians on the Net ....since 1985, R.I.P.Rollergirl (Sabbie) "

Sponsored Links
Back