downloading music

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
years ago, we used to download music from I think it was a site called napster and it was free.
Can you still download music free anywhere?

Sponsored Links
not legally . . . . Napster are back in business, but they charge now, and it is no longer a file sharing network. Kazaa is "popular" (i think) for free file sharing, but spyware and malware is packaged with the software - this is bad news really. I advise against installing their software. I caught my sister on their website, looking at downloading it onto the computer i just built for her, and i yelled at her! lol!

I use mycokemusic they charge 99p per track, 7.99 for an album. I heard itunes charge 79p, but i cant get on with their software.

crafty1289
"I caught my sister on their website, looking at downloading it onto the computer i just built for her, and i yelled at her! lol! "

very brave ..lol ..lol..lol..;)

toffee
unless your surfing safe dont bother ....
any ways I can sing here to you ...name your song ... sweetie..lol :)

Sponsored Links
Get an ipod.

I'm not much taken with Apple pc's but the ipod is great and their music site is very good. 79p for a single, £7.99 for an album, you can get all sorts of old and unusual stuff on their site. It's all downloaded and set up automatically for you

Napster was very illegal indeed and you got all sorts of crud downloaded at the same time. Definitely not a good idea

Napster (the legal version) now allows you to listen to the full version of almost all of its tracks for a monthly fee £9.95 or if you want to download them to burn onto CD or MP3 player it is another 79p, album prices differ.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :eek:
I didnt know that!
This is a new computer so heres hoping I havent managed to catch anything!
I no longer need to worry about safe sex but now I need to worry about safe surfing. :LOL:

Am I basically safe so long as I dont down load stuff on the computer or can you damage it just by looking at things? (generally on the internet I mean)
I just use it to type letters and go on the internet so I dont know all this stuff.

I use Shareaza and had no problems with it at all. If u want to try it, type in shareaza in Ask.com and a list of different shareaza's come up and go down to the 6th one,make sure its the p2p one and its free

where are the mods when you want your post deleted????

napster??? what napster? :oops: :oops:

Whether file sharing is morally bad or not is still open to debate, in my opinion.

So you might think "Well, they are losing money when people don't buy the CDs", but many bands themselves, the ACTUAL artists, not the record companies don't mind. They do object to pirate CDs at a boot sale type thing though.

Does anyone remember the Happy Mondays? Well, the record company wanted to sign them up, but they didn't want to be signed, they were just happy gigging and stuff. When they did get signed, they released an album etc. So eventually the contract ran out and the record company wanted to re-sign them, but again the band just couldn't be bothered. They had legal arguments over it. The band said "They were just doing it for the art". When Metallica got Napster shut down they lost many fans who saw/see them as greedy corporate rock wh*res.

So you see, musicians/artists don't do it for money, they do it for "the art". But then of course everyone needs money, it seems. It is a trap.

And by the way, Napster wasn't illegal when it started.

Am I basically safe so long as I dont down load stuff on the computer or can you damage it just by looking at things? (generally on the internet I mean)
It depends on the site, some sites are downright maliscious (or however you spell it), and DONT go hitting monkeys, turtles or whatever to win an ipod!
Make sure your AV is up to date, and do a spyware scan periodically (I would reccomend windows defender but it is still in beta and does have issues). adaware is good.
I'd also reccomend using firefox rather than IE for browsing although not all web pages display properly, almost all do.

Sponsored Links
Back