Drain full of water

Sponsored Links
So you have left your Parents in the $hit??

Andy

I called her and the water level has finally dropped. (This was two weeks ago I asked about this).

I guess they need a clean. When I go round shall I put gloves on and pull out as many leaves as possible? How about pushing a drain rod in from the manhole in the drive? Or from the little drain.?

If you can get a Wickes 'Click and collect', invest in a wet vac, they do one for about £40. Ideal for cleaning out drains, and removes the danger of any injury form a sharp object that may be present. Once pot is clear, use a hose to fill it back up, if still blocked, a good plunging with a rod may be enough to clear it. No point shoving rods blindly up from the manhole unless you know exactly where the pipes go.

Sponsored Links
If you can get a Wickes 'Click and collect', invest in a wet vac, they do one for about £40. Ideal for cleaning out drains, and removes the danger of any injury form a sharp object that may be present. Once pot is clear, use a hose to fill it back up, if still blocked, a good plunging with a rod may be enough to clear it. No point shoving rods blindly up from the manhole unless you know exactly where the pipes go.

I've got a wet/dry vac I use for gutter cleaning I'll do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back