Drayton Wiser operating questions

Is there a way to look at the settings within the hub to see how the initial setup was done, i.e gas/oil and relay/Opentherm. If I click on setup/devices/Hubr there is a "Heat Source Type" setting but it is blank, I click on the edit button and can see all the options for gas or oil etc. but when selecting "gas" the result appears on screen but then disappears a few seconds later.
That seems to be an error introduced in the 6.1.0 version of the Wiser app. I can see on the home assistant forum

see post 1439. There is an acknowlegement from from Jamie (who works for Schneider) that the issue has been raised to their support team.

On your more specific question as to way of seeing the setting. You can via the HA automation process or if you have an android device install "Packet Capture" via play store. This allows you to trace the Wiser Home App traffic from your phone/tablet/etc to the Wiser Hub.

Start the packet capture app, tap the green "1" arrow, select "Wiser Home" app from list, you should then see a red square plus a key symbol in the tool bar of your device.
backout out of packet capture app (it continues to run in background).
start up Wiser App
exit from Wiser App
back into packet capture, hit red box to stop trace, key disappears
you should then see a date/time stamp below with something similar to

12-02 16:40:00
xx captures

select that and you can see all the communication between your device & Wiser Hub. Look for an entry around 4-6KB which when you select it is headed

GET /data/v2/domain

That will show a JSON output of all the settings from the hub including those not visible via the Wiser App.

You can save the data as a txt file for future use by tapping the : to the right of the orange JSON

It should look something like

{
"System": {
"PairingStatus": "Paired",
"TimeZoneOffset": 0,
"AutomaticDaylightSaving": true,
"SystemMode": "Heat",
"FotaEnabled": true,
"ValveProtectionEnabled": false,
"EcoModeEnabled": true,
"AwayModeAffectsHotWater": true,
"AwayModeSetPointLimit": 160,
"BoilerSettings": {
"ControlType": "HeatSourceType_RelayControlled",
"FuelType": "Gas",
"CycleRate": "CPH_6",
"OnOffHysteresis": 5
},

== etc ==

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That seems to be an error introduced in the 6.1.0 version of the Wiser app. I can see on the home assistant forum

see post 1439. There is an acknowlegement from from Jamie (who works for Schneider) that the issue has been raised to their support team.

On your more specific question as to way of seeing the setting. You can via the HA automation process or if you have an android device install "Packet Capture" via play store. This allows you to trace the Wiser Home App traffic from your phone/tablet/etc to the Wiser Hub.

Start the packet capture app, tap the green "1" arrow, select "Wiser Home" app from list, you should then see a red square plus a key symbol in the tool bar of your device.
backout out of packet capture app (it continues to run in background).
start up Wiser App
exit from Wiser App
back into packet capture, hit red box to stop trace, key disappears
you should then see a date/time stamp below with something similar to

12-02 16:40:00
xx captures

select that and you can see all the communication between your device & Wiser Hub. Look for an entry around 4-6KB which when you select it is headed

GET /data/v2/domain

That will show a JSON output of all the settings from the hub including those not visible via the Wiser App.

You can save the data as a txt file for future use by tapping the : to the right of the orange JSON

It should look something like

{
"System": {
"PairingStatus": "Paired",
"TimeZoneOffset": 0,
"AutomaticDaylightSaving": true,
"SystemMode": "Heat",
"FotaEnabled": true,
"ValveProtectionEnabled": false,
"EcoModeEnabled": true,
"AwayModeAffectsHotWater": true,
"AwayModeSetPointLimit": 160,
"BoilerSettings": {
"ControlType": "HeatSourceType_RelayControlled",
"FuelType": "Gas",
"CycleRate": "CPH_6",
"OnOffHysteresis": 5
},

== etc ==
Thanks. Seems like there may be a few issues with the latest version of the app and the latest firmware version of the TRV's. Not sure if I've had an update since I installed my Wiser system last week but my TRV's do appear to be noisier these last few days.

Thanks. Seems like there may be a few issues with the latest version of the app and the latest firmware version of the TRV's. Not sure if I've had an update since I installed my Wiser system last week but my TRV's do appear to be noisier these last few days.
It's likely you have received an update for both the hub & iTRV as the latest levels came out in the middle of November. If you see 3.10.8 & 0000ea60 respectively those are the recent updates.

I cannot comment on noise as I don't have any smart TRV's installed on my radiators. You may wish to check the HA forum as there are some suggestions that could help.

Last edited:
It's likely you have received an update for both the hub & iTRV as the latest levels came out in the middle of November. If you see 3.10.8 & 0000ea60 respectively those are the recent updates.

I cannot comment on noise as I don't have any smart TRV's installed on my radiators. You may wish to check the HA forum as there are some suggestions that could help.
Yes those are the versions I have so must have had them from the start. I have looked on the HA and SE forums and there are issues reported with the latest versions of the app and TRV’s.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know if the Wiser TRV's modulate or are they just on/off? Thanks

Insights stopped working and I have no weather information. When I click on Insights I get a Microsoft Azure web page. Anyone else getting this?

Attachments

• A6CA9A5B-4676-4AEF-8AB9-337BFF2BD1C4.png
    A6CA9A5B-4676-4AEF-8AB9-337BFF2BD1C4.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 28
Thanks. Its a pity they didn't send an email to warn us or better still divert us to a web page explaining they are doing maintenance

Might not have been planned!

It's an assumption on my part (as a programmer) TBH.
I noticed there were a bunch of outages shortly before they rolled out the last firmware and app upgrade, too.

This morning the cloud service is back up and the firmwares for the room thermostats and TRV's have been updated.

Last edited:
The latest firmware for the TRV's hasn't stop the noisy operation that happens intermittantly. It seems to happen when the valve closes but not every time.

Has anyone with Wiser TRV’s noticed the reported temperature is about 2c higher than the actual room temperature since firmware ea64 was rolled out.

Yes, I'd noticed there's a bigger offset than I'd expected.
For example my Kitchen is supposedly 17.5 right now but it's actually 15.9.
Front Bedroom claims 17.9 but is actually 17.0 with a cold rad.

Could be a firmware change as you suggest, or maybe it's just struggling to factor in the weather.
I figured it would be harder for the TRV to get the room temp right if it's warmer near the rad than in the middle of the room or if more heat is being lost to the outside. But I'm seeing an offset even in a room where the rad is cold and you'd expect the TRV to be at ambient.

Last edited:
Yes, I'd noticed there's a bigger offset than I'd expected.
For example my Kitchen is supposedly 17.5 right now but it's actually 15.9.
Front Bedroom claims 17.9 but is actually 16.6 with a cold rad.

Could be a firmware change as you suggest, or maybe it's just struggling to factor in the weather.
I figured it would be harder for the TRV to get the room temp right if it's warmer near the rad than in the middle of the room or if more heat is being lost to the outside. But I'm seeing an offset even in a room where the rad is cold and you'd expect the TRV to be at ambient.
I have raised this with tech support so will see what they say.

Problem I have is in the room I watch TV the room temp was 16.6c and chilly but the TRV stated the temp was 18.5c and didn’t turn on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back