Drilled into wire

Yes cavity walls, stud walls, under floors and in ceilings, But they do recommend that access is still possible

Sponsored Links
Hi, ok, got these wagos and box lined up to collect tomorrow en route. All ok?
Maybe not that model of Wago. If you’ve cut a wire, you will not have any extra length to use.
Better to use the new Wago splicing connector

Yes cavity walls, stud walls, under floors and in ceilings, But they do recommend that access is still possible
Where are you getting this info from? The whole point of Wago is they are used in inaccessible locations.
Please provide links to the documentation. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Crimping or soldering and then heat shrink sleeve.
That will take the least space and can be plastered over.

If it's just 1 conductor put one of these on it, then maybe cover with capping fill and forget about it.

Await the backlash.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231122-103306_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20231122-103306_Google.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 35
If it's just 1 conductor put one of these on it, then maybe cover with capping fill and forget about it.

Await the backlash.....
No backlash, only.....For Wago to comply with Maintenance Free rules it must be a WAGO enclosure and Wago connectors.

This is getting stranger. Can you post, or provide links to, these 'recommendations' and 'instructions' from Wago?

I imagine that we would all prefer a situation in which "access is still possible", but I thought to whole point was that such was not 'necessary' for "MF" joints.

Put the other way around, if "access was still possible", why would one istall a "MD" JB?

Kind Regards, John

It depends what the cable feeds and where the destination of the cable is in relation to the damage.

It may be possible to join the cable in a recessed box with a blank plate over and feed a new piece from there to the destination.

Crimps take up little space, but you need the right sizes and a DECENT crimping tool, or they will come adrift. They will need to be sleeved with heatshrink sleeving or placed in a suitable enclosure.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I was under the impression that crimps are not suitable for solid core. That said, I can see how heat shrink will reduce the risk of things coming apart.

I suppose so - by definition. .... They crimp hexagonally or squarely on the correct sized crimp for the core. ... Not the squash flat things which leave spaces next to the squashed core.
That corresponds with my understanding, and also with my 'gut feelings'.

The sort of ratchet crimp tools usually advocated on this forum only actively 'squash' in one plane, any squashing in the plane at right angles to the primary plane being due, indirectly, to constraints imposed by the width of the die.

As you say, what one really needs is at least two planes of active squashing (i.e. two at right-angles, hence 'square) and, ideally, 3 planes (at 120°, hence 'hex'). However, although my experience is limited, I can't say that I've ever seen an electrician using such a tool.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back